Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort
Ranked #16 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here on our vacation last week. Things I loved about this hotel 1. Staff was super friendly 2. It was on the beach (if you've ever been to Galveston you'll realize this isn't the norm) 3. The room was really nice, we had a separate bedroom with a queen size bed (that's right parents a bedroom with a door) then there was a comfy pull out couch in the living room. Then there was a fully equipped kitchen. We picked up breakfast and lunch stuff our first day and just ate there for both of those meals. 4. The pool was probably the cleanest hotel pool I've ever seen and it had a little splash shelf for the little ones to play on so they weren't always on the steps of the pool 5. Washer and dryer in unit

A couple of things to think about (not really negatives but might be important for some people): 1. This is fairly far out of town. If you want to go out to eat you are going to have to drive into town but it's not a far drive 5-10 minutes (might be a bit more during heavy tourist season as Seawall tends to get backed up). There is a little mini-mart in the hotel but not sure what the prices are like. 2. Room service does not come in during your stay so if you stay more than a few days you'll have to wash your own towels but they give you all the detergent and stuff to do that. 3. It isn't a private beach the hotel shares that section of the beach with a park so there will be more people there than what's at the hotel but the park is kept up well and I didn't see loads of trash on the beach or anything.

We really enjoyed our stay and I would use this hotel again.

4  Thank Michelle L
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort

Reviewed June 2, 2013

We just returned from a 4 day stay here and quite enjoyed our stay. The room we stayed in was a queen with a pullout sofa. We had room 46 B which has a small balcony with half pool and half ocean view.

The room quality and decor was up to date and nice. Our room had two flat screen tvs with cable, and the living room tv had a dvd player.Our 1 bedroom had a bedroom with queen bed, bathroom, a pullout sofa in a combo living room/kitchen. The rooms are condos where you do your own cleaning and laundry if needed as well as dishes in provided dishwasher.

They are not hotel rooms with a lobby and daily maid service unless needed for an extra fee. You also take out your own trash and pick up after yourself unlike a normal hotel room where maid service cleans, does linens etc. I only mention this because some may not know this if they see the name Holiday Inn and are used to the normal daily hotel services, lobby restaurant, bar etc.

We enjoyed having a washer and dryer and didn't mind using the dishwasher to clean the provided dishes, glasses ,coffee cups etc that we used. It was actually quite nice having a full kitchen and washer/dryer to wash and dry beach towels and clothing or even bath towels if needed.

Provided kitchen items included , pots and pans for cooking, dinnerware, microwave, toaster oven, coffee maker ,blender , decent size refrigerator with ice maker , dishwasher as well as , outside grills all helped us keep our dining costs down close to what we would have spent at home.

Laundry and dish washing detergent was provided and made it nice to not have to buy them or haul them home. All linens , blankets , bedding and towels are provided and clean when you arrive and as stated if need changed daily will be washed by you.

Pretty much the only things you will need to bring are normal vacation clothing and food you will want to prepare or of course you can eat out daily. You also will need your own beach towels as provided towels aren't supposed to be taken out of the hotel or pool area.

As far as location on the island we loved it. The hotel is right on the gulf and has a nice wooden walkway over a couple small dunes to the beach and the beach is free of trash you may see closer to the seawall and is much less crowded. It is probably a 4 mile drive to get into the seawall, restaurant, bar part of galveston. Its not really within walking distance.

During our stay it was windy and made for fairly rough water in the ocean but the beach area has a gentle slope and makes entry easy. There was also a lot of seaweed on the beach due to the wind and waves pushing it up on land. This is of course just part of nature and the waves made for fun boogie boarding and playing in the water if you like waves.

All property staff was super including the desk and maintenance staff we encountered. Sandy at the front desk is super sweet and helpful.

If I had to improve anything about the property it would be just a few places on the walks and around the pool that had algae on the walkways and I would like to see the pool be a little clearer. The rest of the property inside and out was very nice.

We definately would recommend staying here to anyone wanting a nice place right on the beach a little away from town and the crowds with a little bit quieter beaches.

4  Thank KcRadar
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay and I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed here a couple of months ago with the kids before I moved on island. We had a two bedroom , two bath villa. The girl who checked me in Victoria was amazing and very helpful with information. She gave the best customer service I have experienced in a while at any Galveston location. I am a hotel manager myself and this girl wowed me. She joked and laughed with me and my grandson when we down to get complimentary movies that they offer to all guests, pretty good selection too. I know many people said they did not like the way you have to go up to check in, but I found office just fine and my room after directions given at check in with no problem. My room was on backside, I never heard other guests, could see the ocean from my wonderful balcony. Another plus, even though very windy because it is right on beach are the screen son balcony doors. I left my door open with screen closed to keep bugs and gulls out and went to sleep listening to beautiful waves! Everything was in good repair and we had a great time. All staff was helpful, and always smiled and offered assistance, but Victoria did stand out. She is a jewel in the industry and a true beacon of hospitality. I am glad I am on the island now, but if my kids come or anyone else, I will send them there! It is a bot down Seawall and I recommend making the grocery stop before arribpval unless you are planning on going right back out. I loved that there wasn't all the busy traffic of Seawall yet right on beach. Pool and hot tub are great, volleyball and many other ammonites, free wifi that works great. No onsite restaurant or bar, but the kitchen has blenders and full frig, so stock up and bring your food and drinks and enjoy a wonderful time at the perfect place. Thank you all for wonderful stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors are always better as far as I am concerned. Remember there is no housekeeping until en...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Very nice resort ,on the ocean,away from all the action. We stayed in W11,bed was great,partial ocean view,king room with balcony,bath had separate shower and tub which is always nice,full kitchen,normal condo,free parking,room seemed clean but kitchen floor was sticky and not all trash was not emptied,lock on master bedroom balcony door was broken,reported it and James the handyman spent about 1 1/2 to two hours with us on our anniversary evening.The lock was not fixed so I didn't feel safe leaving my purse or jewerly in the room,we were on the first floor with the ground floor below us and I know the likelyhood of someone breaking in was very very small but still I was in an area I knew nothing about.James was great though.The east elevator was out but we were on the west side so it didn't bother us.We were suppose to spend two nights but ended up only spending one.Winds were strong,ocean was rough.Lock was still broken when we left,only a hole were it was suppose to be was left.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The service was good, the hotel was a typical time share and a bit dated. The cost was high for the value in comparison to other places on the island. The mini kitchen was good but the living room furniture and bed linens were uncomfortable. The elevator was broken on our side of the building and with a newborn, 2 children and playpens and a room on the far side from the working elevator on the third floor - it made for a very frustrating weekend. The hotel staff offered no compensation for the inconvenience but they were good otherwise.

1  Thank lovetotravel2012_13
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear lovetotravel2012_13,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. We highly appreciate your compliments regarding our level of service.

However, I am disappointed to hear your negative experience during your stay with us. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience our elevator has caused you and for any shortcomings in your room.

Your comments are important to the success of our organization, as we rely on you, our guest, to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We value you as a guest and we are looking forward to serving you again.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Cannot beat this place. Right on the beach. Very nice condos and very clean. I will not stay at any other place when in Galveston. The rooms are really apartments that are fully stocked. It is great to just walk out to the beach. During the summer you can rent chairs and umbrellas from a rental service on the beach. The pool area is nice and well kept. The views from most rooms are of the gulf. This is a family place; not a place to party. It is quite and relaxing. I always enjoy my stay. Katlyn at the front desk is a really sweet person.

Room Tip: W44 is the best but good luck they will not hold a certain room for you; even if you are a returning...