We stayed here on our vacation last week. Things I loved about this hotel 1. Staff was super friendly 2. It was on the beach (if you've ever been to Galveston you'll realize this isn't the norm) 3. The room was really nice, we had a separate bedroom with a queen size bed (that's right parents a bedroom with a door) then there was a comfy pull out couch in the living room. Then there was a fully equipped kitchen. We picked up breakfast and lunch stuff our first day and just ate there for both of those meals. 4. The pool was probably the cleanest hotel pool I've ever seen and it had a little splash shelf for the little ones to play on so they weren't always on the steps of the pool 5. Washer and dryer in unit
A couple of things to think about (not really negatives but might be important for some people): 1. This is fairly far out of town. If you want to go out to eat you are going to have to drive into town but it's not a far drive 5-10 minutes (might be a bit more during heavy tourist season as Seawall tends to get backed up). There is a little mini-mart in the hotel but not sure what the prices are like. 2. Room service does not come in during your stay so if you stay more than a few days you'll have to wash your own towels but they give you all the detergent and stuff to do that. 3. It isn't a private beach the hotel shares that section of the beach with a park so there will be more people there than what's at the hotel but the park is kept up well and I didn't see loads of trash on the beach or anything.
We really enjoyed our stay and I would use this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort offers a wonderfully relaxing experience for couples and families alike. This quiet beachfront resort is located on the Texas Gulf coast south near the historic port city of Galveston. The city is a charming, Victorian-era treasure filled with authentic period architecture and strong echoes of the 1800s. Set away from the bustle of downtown, you'll enjoy villa accommodations with fully equipped kitchens, living and dining areas, plus free Wi-Fi internet access. All villas feature private balconies overlooking the Gulf of Mexico. The heated, outdoor infinity-edge pool and large hot tub offer direct, waterfront beach access and a new recreation area. Kids enjoy half-court basketball, shuffleboard court, beach volleyball and tetherball, while you'll love the fitness center available to guests 24/7 and picnic areas for outdoor dining. A small Marketplace store is available for guest convenience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Club Vacations Galveston Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Escapes! To The Gulf At Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Escapes To The Gulf Galveston
- Escapes Galveston