“No troubles at all for our Disney Wonder Dec 2013 cruise.”
Review of Port of Galveston

Port of Galveston
Calgary, Canada
114 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“No troubles at all for our Disney Wonder Dec 2013 cruise.”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

My family has never been on a cruise before. We decided to use the Disney Cruise Lines and take a 7 day Bahama's cruise on the Disney Wonder. We sailed from the port of Galveston. We pre-purchased our parking in the secured lot before hand and saved $5 off the "at the gate" price.

The shuttles to and from the parking lot were perfect and on time. The entire experience at the Port was wonderful.

I'm more than happy with Galveston and how the port handled us.

I'd be willing to leave out of Galveston again if Disney decided to go out of it (apparently they are no longer using Galveston as a port).

Visited December 2013

Texas
“Galveston Terminal 2”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Our experience December 8 on RCCL at Terminal 2 was not a good one. We had to stand outside int he cold for two hours before we ever got inside the terminal, then the usual melee going thru security, altho I will say the TSA folks are polite.

Returning,there were few porters available and we had to stand in line for nearly two hours to get one. It seems to me that Terminal 2 is just not set up to handle larger ships like the Navigator of the Seas. Our two prior trips went smoothly getting on/off the ship with nothing like this zoo.

Visited December 2013
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Review of Supershuttle limo service from Houston to Galveston”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I needed to find transportation from Houston Hobby airport to the port of Galveston to board a cruise. I was in a position of only having a 3 hour window from landing to boarding the cruise so I had to find reliable, efficient transportation. This was a very stressful part of my trip planning. My cruise ship didn't off a shuttle from Hobby Airport.
After researching all options (car rental, taxi and limo) I decided on Supershuttle.
I read many negative reviews and was very hesitant, but I was assured by their booking agent that I could count on them.
I decided on a "meet and greet" SUV service for my family of 4. It cost $135 each way, about the same as their van service. The reviews I read must have been for the unreliable van service, where you have many passengers.
My driver was friendly and waiting for me at the luggage carousel.
I made it to the ship with plenty of time to spare. We were all very comfortable and arrived stress free!
After all the negative reviews I had to write a review saying how incredibly satisfied I was with their service. My return trip to the airport was the same.
Make sure you book the "meet and greet" limo or SUV and you should have no problems!

6 Thank deinarson
Tyler, Texas
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 702 helpful votes
“Easy to cruise from Galveston”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

My wife and I have sailed numerous times from the Port of Galveston on both Carnival and Royal Caribbean. I found that if you DO NOT follow their driving instructions, you will have an easier time getting to the ship. As we live some 250 miles from Galveston we typically find a hotel to stay at the night before the cruise in the Webster area. From there, it is a short 30 minute drive to Galveston. We reserve our covered indoor parking at Galveston Park and Cruise for $40-60 per cruise depending on length.

On the morning of the cruise, we drive down I-45 south but instead of exiting on Harborside Drive and getting caught in all the other cruise traffic, we stay on I-45 until it becomes Broadway Ave. in Galveston. Follow Broadway to 19th St and turn left there. This will take you through the Strand area to Harborside Drive where you will need to take a left. The Port entrance is a right at the first traffic light. Going this way, you will miss being in a long line of cars trying to make a left hand turn into the same entry.

Drop off your bags with the porters and exit the port area at the 25th St. Exit. Galveston Park and Cruise's lots are right there. We park our car and then walk back across the street with our carry-on. Typically, we will drop off our luggage about 10:15 AM and will be having lunch on the ship between 11-11:30. Early check-in was always a breeze.

When returning to port, we typically do the self debarkation, roll our luggage back to Galveston Park and Cruise, put in our car and be on our way by 9am.

We found that 4 wheeled rolling luggage made it easy to maneuver down the ship's debarkation ramps, customs and across the street.

17 Thank STM0041
Burleson, TX
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Convenient to Cruise From”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband and I just got back from our Thanksgiving cruise vacation. We left our car across the street in the Park and Cruise lot. It was in a garage all week and well worth the money. You can walk across the street with your bags and get in line. The porters will take you bags for you, be sure to have some cash on you to tip your porter. It took us 4 hours to get on the boat, but I would not blame that no the port, it was a customs thing. When we returned we walked off with our bags and walked right through the customs line. Have your passports ready! We were in our car inside 20 minutes of walking off the boat! That was very nice!

If you are traveling with young kids, be sure to have some snacks and toys with you I case you have to wait a long time.

3 Thank scootersue