“The Best Part of the Strand-Delicious and Fun!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La King's Confectionery

La King's Confectionery
Ranked #1 of 14 Dessert in Galveston
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Candy store, Coffee shop, Ice Cream Parlour, and Old Time Soda Fountain
Dallas
“The Best Part of the Strand-Delicious and Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2014

We stumbled into La Kings after strolling the Strand without any knowledge of this incredible find! The best ice cream we have ever had and we found so many great gifts here to take back to family, special candy we've never seen, homemade fudge, and incredible salt water taffy!! We went here twice on a three day visit! La Kings is a very special find and one of my most favorite places in Galveston, great people watching, coffee, milkshakes-need I say more?

• Visited August 2014

Houston, Texas
“Really fun!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2014

This location was crowded on a Saturday but a great escape from the heat! We had a lot of fun watching them pull taffy and their iced coffee bar hit the spot!

Visited August 2014
Katy, United States
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Extra creamy ice cream. Kids loved the candy making show and samples. Definitely a must visit if on the strand with family.

Ennis, Texas
“Fantastic Ice Cream and Taffy Pulling Demonstration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

I always enjoy visiting La King's. It's the atmosphere that I love mostly; yet, they do have very good ice cream. I got the coffee flake this time in a cake cone and it was DE-LISH. If I wasn't so stuffed, then I would have gone back for another. The scoop was a very generous portion. While there, a taffy pull commenced and the demonstration included antique equipment. The man in charge of this threw samples of the candy to his enthusiastic on-lookers. That too was very tasty! The reason I gave their service a low rating is because I asked a salesgirl at the candy counter for assistance, and said, "Are you waiting on someone right now?" and she said, "I don't know." I thought she could have said something more before she wandered off. She did come back and fill my order and apparently the person whom she was waiting on had meandered away. My cousin also wanted to make a purchase and two salesgirls behind the candy counter were having their own private conversation, so I asked if one of them could fill the order and they did. Also, I don't find their candies to be exceptional, though they are pretty good. This time I tried the lemon and orange creams and they are a bit too sweet and the cream too thick. The cream should have a smoother, looser texture. I feel the standard for a lemon creme has been set by Ethel M's, but this isn't bad for a slightly less expensive product.

• Visited August 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Candy frenzy Wonka style”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Sweets, treats and candy making. Old fashioned candy and soda shop not to be missed. Always crowded but fun to visit. Ice cream to truffles, it's just great!!!