“Great Old Fashioned Ice Cream Sodas”

La King's Confectionery
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: We're an old-fashioned soda fountain, ice cream parlor​, candy store, and coffee shop. We make all of our own Purity ice cream, the first manufacturer of ice cream in Texas. You can watch salt water taffy being made, which is just one of the things we're known for.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Best old fashioned ice cream soda from a soda fountain I had since I was a kid in New York. I made a point of returning the next day since I found La King's to be a gem.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,214)

Reviewed September 30, 2013

You must take time to visit La King's if you have a sweet tooth. This is my idea of an old fashion candy store with a sode counter, ice cream, watch them making fudge and taffy. Fun for the whole family.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

On a VERY hot/ humid day in Galveston, my husband stopped in here for the cool air and something sweet. We certainly were not disappointed. We both had the coffee ice cream which was delicious. If chocolate is your thing, this is the place for you! They had at least 100 trays filled with chocolates & sweets of all kinds. The atmosphere is like an old time ice cream parlor and I would visit here again!!

Reviewed September 22, 2013

The sweets are average at best. The employees are nothing special. I would not walk back down the street for such poor service.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Absolutely great place to visit. Everytime we are on the Strand we stop in and get enough to take home...Everything is good and the old school parlor atmosphere is great