“Love it!”

La King's Confectionery
Ranked #1 of 13 Dessert in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Description: We're an old-fashioned soda fountain, ice cream parlor​, candy store, and coffee shop. We make all of our own Purity ice cream, the first manufacturer of ice cream in Texas. You can watch salt water taffy being made, which is just one of the things we're known for.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We went here twice on our visit to Galveston. If you have a sweet tooth this place is amazing! So many candy options and they also have ice cream/ shakes. Will definitely be going here again when we go back to Galveston!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,202)

Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

Very cool place had a root beer float it was off the chain!also the candy is made in front of you,very fresh and tasty!

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for sweets. The taffee is excellent and worth the stop. My wife and her friend got a chocolte malt and it was okay. Will go again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We so enjoyed our visit to this place. Very interesting how they make taffy. Even if you have seen it being made before, go see it again.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

And even better, because now I can't eat sugar....so, what do you get there? I purchased some sugar free chocolates and they were the best I have had in some time. Eat them within a few days, though, because they're truly fresh and will lose some flavor and texture over time.

My daughter enjoyed an ice cream cone, my mother had a chocolate soda and my husband finished a massively large chocolate shake. They all enjoyed their treats immensely. My son purchased some taffy and also fruit wedges. All were devoured quickly. The staff, for the most part, is friendly and patient; Jennifer especially.

Beware of crowds when a cruise ship is in port, but well worth the visit. It could only have been better if they were making candy at the time. Otherwise, one of the highlights of our visit!

1  Thank Shari S