“Great Late Lunch on Christmas Day”

Landry's Seafood House
Ranked #33 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The true flavor of Gulf Coast tradition is all about family, warmth and exceptional seafood. Landry's Seafood strives to bring all of those things together in each and every location, providing a fun-filled dining experience that will make you want to drop your anchor and never leave. So sit back, relax and take part in the Landry's Seafood experience.
Reviewed January 1, 2018

We did not have reservations, but they were able to work us in on Christmas afternoon. The service was great and the food was excellent. This is one of my favorite Landry's locations, it sits on the seawall with panoramic views of the gulf.
My wife had fried shrimp and was very pleased. I had blackened shrimp on fettuccine and it was incredible. Excellent sauce, but not smothered in it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

We were in town for Christmas Day until our cruise ship leaves out. We walked in and were told 30-35 minutes for a party of 6. By the time we ordered drinks and appetizers, our table was ready. The drinks were great and they delivered our appetizers to our table. We had 4 more family members call and were going to meet us there. When we told the hostess, they graciously added a table to ours and just added them on. What great service! The food was delicious. I recommend the crab cakes and the oysters Rockefeller! We had a great experience!

Reviewed December 25, 2017 via mobile

We stopped in Landrys for lunch

Seated in less than 10 minutes

Was very busy

Service was great

Had the red snapper plate with rice and vegetables was very good

Also had the poor boys sandwich with fries and onion rings very good

Was clean inside and outside

Reviewed December 23, 2017 via mobile

Nice atmosphere. Great waiter. He gave us some good recommendations. Stuffed snapper. Steaks good, too. We had the crab, spinach & artichoke dip spot. Fantastic! We also selected cup of soups (really a full bowl—pretty much a meal). I got the crab & shrimp gumbo, which was good, BUT my husband got the lobster bisque, which was fantastic! Go enjoy! You can come in casual or dressed up.

Reviewed December 22, 2017

This restaurant has been on my list to try for quite awhile! I was not disappointed. I had a Mai Tail that was yummy. Next came their special salad, very good as well. My Parmesan Encrusted Red Snapper was delicious and quite filling! (the prices are on the upper end, but you really get a large entrée) I will definitely visit again.... perhaps during the Galveston's Restaurant Week coming in January!