“Don't Bother”

Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Northern New Jersey
“Don't Bother”
Reviewed November 30, 2009

We visited on a November Monday afternoon for lunch. It was a beautiful day and all the patrons were outside, the inside was empty. Our waiter was surly and rolled his eyes at requests like vegetables instead of french fries and he seemed put out by all the questions we asked about the offerings. We asked for the manager and he promptly changed waiters but it still took too long to get things like more iced tea and another spoon. Then the food took another 45 minutes and was lackluster.

Sitting outside was beautiful but there were so many flies you had to cover your food with napkins. There were also scavenger crows darting around making for a distracted lunch. Not really Landry's fault, but they did nothing to discourage the birds.

I have eaten at other branches of this restaurant and been very satisifed and found it a totally satisfying experience. Just avoid Galveston!

dallas, tx
“It was delicious”
Reviewed September 15, 2009

although my husband and i visit galveston every summer, this was our first time to eat at landry's restaurant (week of 8/23/09). there were only a few other diners present at the same time, so noise was not a factor. the decor was very nice and our waiter was pleasant, as well as friendly. we thought that the restaurant was a little pricey and also prepared for the food to be "only moderately good" b/c it is located on seawall and a bit of a tourist place. however, we found the food to be delicious. our salads were fresh with tasty dressings. my husband had a blackened fish and i enjoyed the fresh shrimp. the view is, of course, spectacular being across from the gulf. overall, we enjoyed our meal and found it quite pleasant. we will visit again next summer.

Cleburne, TX
“They never even asked for our drink order”
Reviewed September 6, 2009

We were looking forward to dinner here and when we arrived we were promptly seated on the patio. We waited and waited, decided what we wanted to eat, saw a few people rush by and no one even asked what we wanted to drink. We sat there for a good 20 minutes, and figured the next one to rush by would take our order. We left and went down the street to another resturaunt. On the way out the door the manager asked how our meal was...we told him we never even got any drinks...he offered to personally serve us him self and a free appetizer. We declined, but appreciated him trying!

1 Thank mtfrost81
texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“AVOID Landry's Seafood House AT ALL COST!”
Reviewed August 17, 2009

Over the years, Landry's has earned a reputation of being "fine" dining. To be blunt, there was very little fine, or even decent, about my experience there. On the Sunday evening of August 16, 2009, my son and I were driving up and down Seawall Blvd. looking for a fine dining establishment, and after a little while, we settled upon Landry's. After we found a place to park, we entered Landry's and asked the hostess if we could be seated at a table indoors, and she courteously told us that we would have to wait approximately 45 minutes. Still under the impression that the food at Landry's was worth waiting for, we headed back outside to the benches near the sidewalk to enjoy the sea breeze. The view was very nice, and the benches were quite comfortable, so it was easy to wait while other parties went ahead. Just as the Hostess had said, it was 45 minutes before we were able to be seated. As we were led to our table, it was evident to my son and I that the large windows overlooking the sea, the dim mood lighting, and the soft, contemporary jazz were meant to make any dining experience feel more intimate. This would have been a success if it had not been for one huge flaw. The main room was absolutely filled with the noise of the clientele. There were no objects in the main room to absorb noise, and the large glass windows probably didn't help, so instead of feeling intimate, it felt more like Joe's Crab Shack. At this point, neither my son nor myself had any real problems with the place, then, after 15 minutes of sitting, waiting for one of the staff to acknowledge our prescence, our waiter finally came. We then waited another 10 minutes for our drinks, which were very simple; iced tea, and hot tea. We also ordered the "Oyster Bar Trash" (which, incedently, has no oysters) at the same time we ordered our drinks, and they did not come until nearly 20 minutes after we placed the order for them. The appetizer was actually good, but it was not enough to tide us over until the entree. We were then served a salad that was more suited to a high school cafeteria than a restaurant. After we ate the salad, another 10 minutes passed until we recieved our entrees. For those of you keeping count, that is a full hour since being seated. I ordered the "special" which was a stuffed red snapper with Landry's sauce, and my son ordered the halibut with "Melissa," which is the first and most expensive sauce listed (he assumed they would know how to make it). My fish was over cooked, just like my vegetables which came with it. My son told me that his fish was well cooked, but the sauce was essentially tasteless. Both of our stuffings lacked anything that would set them apart from any other stuffing. After finishing our entrees, we recieved our bill, which, not including the tip, was nearly 100 dollars. Bear in mind that no alcoholic beverages were bought.

To put it simply, the atmosphere was off, our waiter was sluggish and uncaring, the food was bad, and far to expensive for the quality

1 Thank dash_52
Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed August 1, 2009

My husband and I visited on 7-28-09 at around 7:00 p.m. We sat on the patio and had a great view, but that is all I can say about this restaurant. The waiter was very slow and unattentive. The "house" salad was wilted iceberg lettuce with a very heavy dressing. There was enough dressing on our wilted salad to dress 4 salads. We ordered Red Snapper and it was fresh, but cooked with no seasoning at all. The side dishes were a overcooked broccoli, carrot and yellow squash medley and a rice pilaf. Very poor quality food. Would not return!