“Great view of gulf and great food.”
Review of Landry's

Landry's
Reserve with OpenTable
Landry's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

We've eaten here several times and have not been disappointed. The shrimp po boy I had for lunch was very good. The service has always been good. And you can't beat the views and the people watching when you dine on the patio.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

A Texas owned chain. Full range of menu items and all is good. Fried shrimp is a signature item. Grilled fish is also excellent. Very friendly and excellent service.

1  Thank Jerry G
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Service was good, Great location. Food is way overpriced for the taste. Gumbo was bland. All that money- I should of had the best seafood of my life. :(

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I took our family of 11 out to eat. We made a reservation ahead of time and walked in almost directly to our table. Our Landry's card helped us here. Restaurant is beautiful, white tablecloths, great decorations.

Food was so-so. Crab, artichoke and spinach dip smelled and tasted awful. Calamari was questionable. Cheeseburgers were not anything more than that. Fries greasy, salads good, lobster bisque great. My blackened tilapia a far cry from the delicious blackened seafood at Pappa's Seafood.

Service was very attentive, meals came quickly. But at the end they took away a meal before one person was done, asked us repetitively whether we wanted boxes to go, and I felt rushed. On the so-so food left untouched, there was never a question about whether we liked it.

Overall, not what we'd hoped for in an upscale restaurant.

Reviewed August 12, 2014

I give this restaurant 5 stars mainly for the view and the cleanliness of the restaurant. I acknowledge that different things attract different people for different reasons. As for me and my wife, we enjoy the beach and want to be near the water the entire time we visit and we did just that. We celebrated our 2 year anniversary at Landry's and it was worth it. The food was great and the service was acceptable. It's touch to keep a restaurant clean when it's so close to the beach and constantly full of tourists, but Landry's did a phenomenal job. We will return VERY soon.