“Good atmosphere”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice restaurant by the beach. We sat outside on the patio.
It's within walking distance of the San Luis or the Holiday Inn.
The menu is a little pricey but I think you are paying for location and atmosphere.

There are newer reviews for Landry's

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Can't wait to go again! Had shrimp and a couple of Cadillac margaritas. Our server was really nice and it was great on the deck people watching.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My cousin and I drove to Galveston from the DFW area and stayed there the night before our cruise ship sailed in August 2013. We had dinner at Landry's and it was an excellent choice. I'm a Landry's Select member and it's always been one of my favorites but the one in Galveston surpassed expectations. Service was excellent even though they were extremely crowded on a Saturday night. The waitress was friendly and funny and attentive (without being overly so). The food was delicious. I had Chilean sea bass and the bananas foster dessert and it rivaled meals I've had at Fearing's, the Mansion on Turtle Creek, Stephen Pyles and other much more upscale restaurants.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were put on a waiting list to be seated inside...we waited over 30 minutes only to find out that they had us down for outside seating and indoor seating was readily available. Then after being seated we waited 15 minutes before a waiter even approached us to take our drink order....then our appetizer order was confused with another table....and then our oysters 1/2 shell weren´t chilled and served at room temperature. I ordered the blackened redfish with crawfish etouffee which was to be served with steamed rice and asparagus...instead of letting me know prior to ordering that they were out of asparagus and if I wanted another side or something else altogether, I was brought mixed veggies after the fact. The food was typical of your franchise restaurants but for the prices they were charging I was expecting a little more. The mixed drinks weren´t very good either. Not sure how you can mess up a Mai Tai or Coronarita but apparently you can. We went to the one in NOLA for this past Christmas (2012) and it was fabulous, this was altogether a waste of time and money. Very disappointing.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Great food and walking distance fromhotel I visit when I come to the island great and relaxing atmosphere. Perfect location for me