“Service could be better!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Landry's

Landry's
Ranked #21 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Vancouver, Washington
“Service could be better!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

We sat at the bar to have dinner and drinks. First, the bartender seemed to be havingan issue with a girlfriend who had come to visit. After taking our order, he left to talk with her. When our food came, he was still talking, my food was dropped off by another staff person. The place was busy, so I patiently waited for silverware...after more than 5 mins I began nibbling on my dinner...using my fingers! My food was almost gone before we were able to get someones attention. My husband asked to speak with the manager. He was somewhat apologetic and offered us a free dessert. I explained my husband didn't eat dessert and I was on a diet. His response was, "I hope you come back". Service is lacking and the bar drinks were not up to par. This is the first negative review I've ever written.

Visited September 2012

Humble, Texas
“Not your typical Landry's experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I am generally a pretty big fan of Landry's restaurants and have been to many of their locations nationwide. I certainly do not recommend this location nor will I be back.

The server was not knowledgable about the daily special for lunch. I inquired as to portion size, he said lunch size which is smaller. He indicated it would be 6oz, so I agreed and ordered. It was flounder in white sauce with mushrooms and lump crab. The flounder was closer to 10oz, dry on the skinless side, and undercooked along the skin. The sauce was bland and the lump crab was dry and tasteless. The manager witnessed I didn't finish and approached to ask questions. I indicated that it was a dinner not lunch portion. He said he would be happy to remove part from the bill, as I ate very little. Thank goodness, as it was a dinner $ amount also.

There are a few other Landry restaurants in the area that are much better quality. I will keep that in mind on my next visit to Galveston.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Arlington, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Enjoyed the entertainment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our first night we just went next door to Landry's for some seafood. We were surprised with the entertainment on the Rain Forest's patio which we had a great view of.

Visited July 2013
Little Rock
“Enjoyed the view and the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

Sitting on the patio with a Gulf breeze blowing in was fantastic. Our server was exceptional and very attentive to our needs. The food was warm and perfectly prepared exactly as ordered.
The location was also a bonus as it was across the parking lot from the Hilton.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Flower Mound, Texas
“Mediocre Food, Terrible Service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

Our family of four (two adults, two children) went there tonight for dinner. We we first seated at a table with ketchup all ofer the table cloths, not a little, it was like a whole bottle exploded. We were moved to a second table, which had a broken chair. The hostess acted like she had no clue of what to do so my husband exchanged the chair for another at a nearby, empty table. We sat for 20 minutes, which is fun with a 7 & 5 year old before our serVer showed up to take our drink order. It was another 15 minutes before he took our order and over an hour after being seated our food arrived. We had to ask a random person for drink refills and our stopped the manager to inquire about our food. When our food did come, a runner from the kitchen brought it out. We never saw our server from the time he took our order until he brought out our check. When I spoke to the manager on the way out he could care less!

We ate at the Rainforest Cafe next door the night prior and I have to say the food was about the same and the service was ten times better...and half the price!

• Visited July 2013