“Good shrimp!!”

Ranked #27 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I was searching for that really good gulf shrimp served with a baked potato and side salad. Nearly every other place in town serves only fries. Gaido’s was an option, but Nick’s came recommended for a more relaxed feel. The atmosphere was not anything special, but the shrimp and potato was spot on!! My daughter enjoyed her gumbo, but it wasn’t her momma’s gumbo so it wasn’t quite what she expected. Nick’s also got my 4 year old fish sticks which wasn’t on the kids menu. It came with a large helping of wonderful fresh fish. Husband got a burger and my eldest daughter on this trip got the All American Cobb Salad. The burger wasn’t cooked through, which we prefer, and the dressing was “off” on the salad although the salad itself looked fantastic!! It really comes down to preference here. To get my shrimp with a potato and salad I had to pay about $30. The rest was priced average for the area. Unless we go to the Gaido’s side next trip, we will definitely be back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We go to Nick's quite often for good, consistent food. Staff is always very efficient and accommodating. They have a great happy hour as well.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped by for lunch today and are so glad we did! The calamari was delicious and the Po Boy sandwich was loaded with fried shrimp with the bread fresh and perfectly toasted. Now the best part...the french fries. Hand cut and the perfect balance of tenderness inside and crisp on the outside and not greasy! My husband said they were the best he ever had..and he has had a lot of fries in his food journey! It was too hot to sit outside but there was a nice patio facing the ocean in front and a pool bar on the side. The inside is a little dated but you will not notice when you taste the food. Casual friendly atmosphere. Definately will be back when we are in Galveston again...and you should too!

Reviewed August 14, 2018

We stopped in for dinner and drinks and sat out on the patio. It was warm, but there was a good breeze and it is covered. Two of us had the shrimp tacos and one person had the lemon and garlic basted grilled chicken. The food was tasty and we enjoyed sitting outside. We had tried to go on the weekend and it was always packed. If you plan to go, might be a good idea to see if they take reservations or call and see how long the wait is before you head over there.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

My friends and I come here so much it's like a second home. We never sit inside though. We're always at the pool bar. Angel is an amazing bartender. Management is always walking around outside to make sure customer service is up to par. The food is perfect so that you don't have to leave and go somewhere else to eat. Happy hour is amazing. You're right on the seawall. There's nothing more you could ask for on the island.