“Really a Nice Clean RV (not a motel anymore) Resort” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sandpiper RV Resort

Sandpiper RV Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Galveston
Sandpiper RV Resort
You added Sandpiper RV Resort to your Saves list
Acton, Texas
“Really a Nice Clean RV (not a motel anymore) Resort”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012 via mobile

Hurricane Ike must have a done a service to the Island by wiping out the old motel at this location. The newly constructed RV Resort is very nice. Clean facilities and right next to the beach. Bring mosquito repellent however (duh). The manager "Dallas" is a little quirky but eventually gets your reservation right. We visited every RV camp on the island and this one looks to be the best by far.

Stayed April 2012
9 Thank SouthernBoy2000

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Moreno Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2012

We stayed here with our 40' RV. Beautiful setup for RV sites. Most have the gulf views. Plenty of room. Upon check in we were invited to go to a bar b que and kathy (is great!) asked if we would like to bring something for the pot luck. Very community oriented already. Did go, they had a wonderful bar b que fit for a king. Had a volunteer group that provides bar b que cooking services that raises money for the community that I thought was great. They even had a Bluegrass group there for our entertainment.
The premises had a beautiful infinity edge pool. They are doing a lot of work improving the pool area. It's going to look awesome when it's completed.
Hated to leave as all the people that worked there we so friendly!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank LorenaGus
Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Ok, all the reviews are old. This is no longer a motel. I did stay here many many times when it was a motel as it was cheap and on the beach. Hurricane Gustov wiped the motel out as it did to all of Boliva and most of the island. Now for the changes, it is now a new RV park with super nice wide pads and full hook ups. They have built a new pool and are currently working on the restaurant. We will be going down there in April for the Spring Nationals NHRA drag races in Bay Town (go team force and TJ Zizzo in top fuel!) and then spend a few days on the island again at this new rv park. So, stay tuned for my upcoming review in April. See ya on the road!

Room Tip: This is no longer a motel, it is a full service RV park right on the beach with full hook ups.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Blair W
Janesville
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2008

we didnt book a room with travel agent cause we didnt know where and when we would be there. SO DRIVE by i guess. the surfer dude night guy was sorta entertaining well cause he is surfer dude like. we stayed 2 nights. and all previous comments are correct and dead on as i will reiterate. DIRTY, no fitted sheets, seemed to bother any employee if needing help- EXCEPT surfer guy who atleast tried. yes holes in wall, stained linens, not matress pad, no fitted sheet, gross, uncomfortable!! worn out cheap matress. i tried for many days after we got home to get my $5 remote deposit returned after many calls to many people. PASS THE BUCK i guess. and yes hard to get threw at all to anyone. NEVER again. it was off season and cheap but NOT WORK the savings GROSS!!!! tammy from wisconsin.
and contiental breakfast ONLY for summer season which isnt april i guess. oh tru no maid service in 2 days and air cond need chair to operate, and couldnt hardly open door and wondered if locked at all. i no wonder the lady on here got locked out.

• Liked — next to beach
  • Disliked — everything
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank fidocats
Pryor, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2008

I enjoyed our stay here. My kids did too. Yes it's old but it's very quaint. The room was clean and so were the beds. We had a great view of the ocean and it was so close to the beach!
I will stay here every trip. The people were friendly and very nice. Unless you have been staying at the Hilton and are used to that, this is a nice place at a great price. I only pray that IKE did not hurt this place. The pool was perfect for my kids and I could bring my dog. Loved this place Not 5 star but 4 in my book.

• Liked — Just a nice place
  • Disliked — none
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
Canton, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2008

My family and i have stayed at many island hotels. Ive stayed at the Commodore for years till it became all non smoking , Gaidos, Hilton, Ramada, and at the State park . Im not sure what the other folks were On when they stayed at the Sandpiper, but our visit was very enjoyable, there were no bugs, the room was clean, new linens, very cold a/c and the pool was great. My family and friends had NO complaints. Its no Holiday Inn, but its a very great deal. I cant wait till next year. ty to Al for a great vacation we loved it........see ya again next year....

• Liked — Close walk to the beach
  • Disliked — Having to go back home
  • Stayed August 2008
1 Thank beachlover75103
austin,tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2008

I have been staying at the Sandpiper year after year with NO complaints. I am saddened to see so many negative reviews. If you come here expecting a 3 or 4 star hotel you WILL be disappointed. If you come expecting a great bargain, I honestly believe you will come away satisfied. It is not a fancy place, it's old - but the staff works hard to keep it clean and to assist you with what you need. Many rooms have mini fridge/microwaves & there are grills in the pool area - you can save money by not dining out as much. We eat cereal/yogurt, make sandwiches, and cook out by the pool - go grocery shopping at Walmart. Dine out a few times at some of the GREAT nearby restaurants - the staff can certainly recommend "local" places over tourist traps.
Yes, mosquitoes are bad, but come on folks, you're on an ISLAND, just get bug spray (walmart again). Yes, you have to buy ice, but again, you're saving big bucks staying here. Bring your cooler & beach towels, bring an attitude that this is a place to sleep while you spend your saved cash on all the other things Galveston has to offer...and the staff - I think they rock - they've helped me carry heavy luggage upstairs w/o me ever asking, surfer Al is the best employee ever, and no one has ever been rude to me in all the years I've been going there. This is a mom & pop place, and far beats the Flagship and many little motel hole in the wall spots on seawall. Please give them a chance. They will will offer return customer discounts, online booking discounts, weekly rates, and welcoming smiles. (No, I don't work there or get a discount for writing this) I'm leaving for a ten day stay next week and can't wait to get there !!

• Liked — being on the beach - able to walk to it & the sunset/rise from rooftop deck
  • Disliked — wish the pool area was updated, but I'm not really complaining much
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family