“Awesome Food”

Golden Corral
Ranked #57 of 320 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed May 13, 2014

The service and food were great. It was close to the hotel. When ever I visit Galveston I always eat here.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Good food, plenty of choice, all entrees hot, no standing in line, exceptional friendly staff, and above all good value for money.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

We chose to eat Buffet style because we could not decide what to go for. I was leaning towards seafood and my husband is a steak and burger man. Wow - we have used this chain before , but the Sirloin Fillet they proudly advertise above the Grill is as good as any we have tasted. I am sure restaurants in this chain vary - but this has to be the best. There are three chocolate fountains - well one is caramel plus a candy floss machine where servers conjure up floss for the kids. The ice cream is Ben & Jerry style with optional sprinkles and toppings. There's are Asian ,Mexican , Fish Salad and Grill stations . Fresh baked rolls and cookies and numerous deserts.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Hate overpriced crappy tourist food- then stop here. Most of the wait staff in foriegn students at the university and a great bunch of kids. Food is right temperature, staff is friendly, and price is right. Why pay the same if not more to leave hungry? Stop here and enjoy. Very clean! Right on seawall.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Took my son there for his birthday for lunch and found the price was outragious for a Sunday lunch - I mean the food was ok, staff ok - just didn't expect to walk in on a sunday and pay $11.99 a person from 11 - close! My bill was $27 for 2 of us. No notice stipulating that at all. I complained about it to the manager and asked for some kind of compensation and gave him back the receipt with my name and phone number. It's been 4 days now and no reply. What a rip off! For $5 more we could have gone to the Rainforest Cafe with better food and atmosphere! The couple with there kids sitting behind us was talking to the kids about the planets and the universe and the dad said "your anus" instead of the planet "Uranis" - that's all I wanted to hear when eating lunch! Really?