“Great place”

Willie G's Seafood & Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Willie G's Seafood & Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Based on some of the reviews that we read before our trip I was hesitant to try this place. However, we had a great experience. We did not have to wait for a table and our service was prompt. Our food was delicious and our waiter very attentive. He did forget our bread, but that was it. We would go here again.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

When we visited there were just a few tables occupied yet service was sooooo slow it was painful. Every portion of the meal was served so slow. And then when our entrees finally arrived my husbands lobster was actually cold. It took forever to find the waiter to notify him of it. The waiter kept disappearing somewhere in another room. I thought he may have been doing double duty cleaning back there. Then when they finally took my husbands meal back to heat it; it took about 10-15 mins to come back. The entire experience was just a huge disappointment.

1  Thank Jan M
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The food was average but the price did not reflect the quality. I will say the gin and tonic I had was excellent.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We have been to Galveston many times and so far this is the best we have experienced. Food presentation is excellent and the food is fresh and very well prepared. Looking forward to our next visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I ate here on a recent business trip. The food was quite delicious. The service was excellent as well. The one black mark was the steak I ordered. Two ribeyes were ordered, but I got a strip not a ribeye. The server agreed and took the steak back. Then someone from management came over and told me this was a ribeye, it just looked different. I accepted his word, but knew with a certainty that THIS WAS NOT A RIBEYE! It was actually rather insulting as I have been eating steak for a very long time and the ribeye cut is my favorite. The shape and marbling were just not there. The steak was very good and the waitress was excellent, but I just cannot get past having a manger feed me a line of crap about the cut of beef. I will not return.