“Much Improved!”

Willie G's Seafood & Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
Willie G's Seafood & Steak House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Much Improved!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at Willie G's. Our large group of 12 was served promptly, and we enjoyed everything we ordered.

I think Landry's restaurants are "back!" For several years the quality had really gone downhill, however my recent experiences have all been positive.

• Visited March 2013

San Antonio
“Great Lunch on the Patio”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were there at lunch and had one of the best burgers I've ever had. I'm not a big burger person, but the California Burger was exceptional. It is part of the Saltgrass restaurant group. It is expensive, so don't go if you are on a strict budget.

The server gave us the wrong check and we had to get the manager away from his lunch to find her as she didn't return after dropping the check.

• Visited May 2013
Fort Worth, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2013

Except for the fact that we hit the place on Prom Night in Galveston, so there was a bit of a wait this was a very nice place.
Seating was not the best, being a couple - just two people- we were placed at a table next to the restroom door....ambiance killer.
Our appetizers were wonderful...bacon wrapped shrimp and stuffed jalapeno's and fried asparagus. We each had a steak, cooked just right. Dessert was a combo of small samplers---they were excellent also. Cocktails were good, although I had wanted a pomegrante Martini (we don't serve anything pomegrante I was told)--oh well. I went to Landry's the next day...they serve Pomegrante Martini's....but that will be a different review.
All in all I think had it not been Prom Night we may have had a bit nicer time. (and missed the seat by the bathroom Perhaps) (why do restaurants put tables right where the bathroom door swings open and shut, so you hear (and smell) every thing that goes on in there)

Visited April 2013
Round Rock, TX
“Great outdoor seating at pier 21”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

The restaurant was not busy so we had great service. We sat outside. The waitress was very good and our entrees were very good. I had snapper and my wife had shrimp with spinich stuffed into pasta shells. Dessert and coffee were more than we needed, but, hey, we were on vacation! I had the pecan pie and my wife had the cheese cake. Enjoyable place and would return.

• Visited April 2013
“Wonderful outdoor atmosphere. Watch ships, dolphins, and people.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I met a friend from college who lives in Houston (last saw each other 17 years ago) and she suggested this place. Wonderful food and great service. I'd recommend this to anyone liking seafood and outdoor (and indoor), (limited) port views. I had the featured Snapper (I forget the end title but its the most orders seafood dish) and girlfriend had the crab stuffed shrimp. Both were absolutely awesome!

• Visited April 2013