“Not the best”
Review of Los Molcas - CLOSED

Los Molcas
Reviewed December 30, 2013

I had heard very good stuff about this place but when I tried it it was just not what I expected the tortillas were really hard they change them for me but they were just as bad. There was a bug in my drink at that point I asked for my check so I could leave the owner was there never talked to me about the problem or apologize the waitress did not speak fluent English and didn't understand everything I said. Its really disappointed because like I said I had hear great things about this place

1  Thank chris_navy88
There are newer reviews for Los Molcas

Reviewed December 24, 2013

Wow!! I couldn't wait to talk about this place. It's amazing!! We came to Galveston for the week and some friends recommended this place, and they couldn't have been more spot on!! We had the molcajete and the fajita plate, absolutely delicious. The molcajete was created with a mix of delicious sea food and it wasn't just imitations of seafood but the real deal!! Every bite melted in my mouth with the the delicious sauce/juice with the combination of delicious cheese. And the fajitas were so moist and great. Most places will make dry un tasteful fajitas but in this place the least of my worries was taste because every single constituent and spice I was able to taste and they all came together amazingly.!! I can't say enough about the food!!! and then while we were having dinner we were approached by one of the owners by the name Geovanni he was amazing and super sweet!! he gave my fiancé and I a special appetizer that he put together himself because it was our first time there and it was on the house!! also he and our waitress kept checking on us all throughout our dinner. It's easy to see why with a leader like Geovanni leading the restaurant an his amazing team you couldn't help but understand why this restaurant makes you feel you are definitely in a 5 star environment. I can't say enough over all amazing team of staff, service and incredible food!! I will most definitely be coming back I can't wait never going to another Mexican restaurant again El Molcas is the place to go!!

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Los Molcas is a very good place to eat. My first time their and the food was great. Service was very good. I really recommen this place. You won't regret it. Delicious food and a little of everything. Love it.

1  Thank chivisV
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Being one of the oldest cities in Texas, you would think that Galveston would have many fine Mexican restaurants. Alas - it is not so. The lack of good Mexican food resulted in trips to the mainland when our craving for good soulfull Mexican food became overwhelming. Well no more. This recently opened gem offers fine food and good value. Spotlessly clean with attentive service this is a welcome addition. Our lunch meal was delicious and served with bottomless fresh chips and a tasty salsa. The fajitas at the neighboring table looked and smelled fantastic. It slightly distracted me from my lunch combo plate that was good in every way. Their menu lists some dishes not commonly seen on local Mexican menus and I cannot wait to return and become more adventurous. Thanks to a tip from a waiter named Jesse, we now have some locally available quality Mexican food.

1  Thank Tom V
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My wife and I just ate here a few days ago. The waiter told us that they opened about two weeks ago. It was so good, I had to enter Los Molcas into Trip Advisor myself.

This is by far the best Mexican food we have had in Galveston. I can't wait until they get a liquor license for margaritas! The tortillas (corn or flour) are all made fresh. I should have asked, but I think they even made the chips themselves? I could go into details, but won't: everything we had was great. I don't hand out a lot of great reviews (LOL) but Los Molcas deserves one!

2  Thank John and Desire... C