“Fresh, homemade dishes, greek style”
Review of Mediterranean Chef

Mediterranean Chef
Ranked #79 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2015 via mobile

I can't understand the negative reviews for this Galveston unique restaurant. Those are probably posted by the competition or people that have no idea how a real mediterranean dish is supposed to taste.
We went with our 2 boys, a teen and a pre-teen and everybody ordered something different. We ordered two appetizers. My husband thought their Hummus (made with olive oil) is the best he ever tasted. Their Spanakopita is delicious, homemade, with fresh steamed spinach and feta cheese in a warm, crunchy pastry. Yummy!
We had the Gyros Platter with a tasteful tzatziki sauce, cheeseburger with real potatoes fries, Shrimp Kabob with a delicious rice and grilled vegetables and Chicken Cordon Blue - the special of the day. Usually, I am never a big fan of the marinara sauce and theirs wasn't more special than others to me. My husband thought it is good.
The best thing for me was their Tiramisu; I never had a better one in a restaurant, period. My homemade one is the best, of course :-), but this one comes in 2nd place. Their baclava is also very good.
If in mood for something else than steak or fried seafood, and ready for a homemade, fresh food, try the Mediterranean Chef and you'll not regret it.

Reviewed May 19, 2015

Found this place while walking around The Strand and in 10 days went back for times. our waiter was a young man with a super personality. met the owner who is also a charmer. tried multiple dishes and not a disappointment in the bunch. Best calamari I have ever had outside of Greece.

Reviewed May 15, 2015

This was a lovely mixture of Mediterranean food but we opted to have the special which was predominately Greek along with a bottle of Lebanese red wine, both of which were very nice. Sadly we were the only diners there that night. Couldn't fault the service or the friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed February 24, 2015

We visited after the Mardi Gras parade and expected the place to be packed, but there was no wait to be seated and many empty tables which might have been a clue.

The menu was nicely varied and had a lot of the usual Mediterranean fare, but included a few items for the "not so adventurous eaters".

The items that were ordered (falafel, chicken alfredo, Greek salad) were OK, but nothing special.

The service was not so special... lots of time (maybe 45 minutes) elapsed after we ordered the drinks and before we ordered our meals even though the 2 servers and manager (owner?) passed by our table often ignoring us completely. Eventually had to walk up to the bar to get the check at the end of the meal after asking the server to bring it.

I'm sure there are better places to eat in the area. Almost rated it as "Poor", but it wasn't quite to that point.

Reviewed February 16, 2015

This is a restaurant on the east end of the strand. It features some very authentic Greek food. We adore the gyros, and the Greek salad. The service was terrific and the food was very good. I would recommend it to anyone who likes Greek food. As a real bonus, it wasn't too crowded during the Mardi Gras festivities.