“Great Food”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stopped for lunch excellent food! Had a Pita Falafel, it was great! Wait staff and owner were very friendly and accommodating. Would highly recommend!

There are newer reviews for Mediterranean Chef

Reviewed October 21, 2013

We love Greek Food and this place was recommended. But it was such a disappointment. The Gyro I ordered was freezing cold, I sent it back and then the pita was warm but the meat still freezing cold. My wife's fish was cooked beyond recognition. On top of that, the bathrooms are a disgrace! We only had 8 hours in Galveston and this was the biggest waste of our precious time.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Unlike some negative reviews, we didn't have bad service at lunch time. This could be a family owned business and servers could be even related; faces look similar, accents the same and all the same but they got my orders right. Each entree is paired with huge Greek salad and all items fairly price around $11-14. Salad is more like a typical mass production stuff coming out of big bags but dressing is quite refreshing. Some health frenitics could throw fits because the whole salad is so oily (at least in my plate). Greek mixed grill is good and my Shrimp Grecca also contains 7-8 good sized shrimps.

Yes, it is not a real fine dining place but food is good and place is clean. It was good enough for a casual meal, I guess.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A nice place on the Strand. the food was very good and the prices good, but the service was a bit slow. I don't know if our waitress was new or just inexperienced. She could barely speak or understand English, but she was trying. Finally got our orders, and it was very good, so overall good.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We dropped in after a long bike ride (and yes, they allowed us to slip our road bikes just inside the door for safe keeping while we ate) in June and once again we were just delighted with this restaurant! My husband and I had tried this atmospheric spot before and thought our college aged students would enjoy the healthy delicious food. We were right! Try the humus, the tabouli salad and the gyro plate. Well worth it even if you have to search for parking - not an issue by bicycle!