“Family beach vaca 2013”
Review of Mediterranean Chef

Mediterranean Chef
Ranked #79 of 311 Restaurants in Galveston
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
McKinney, Texas
“Family beach vaca 2013”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

My aunt and niece, who recommended this place to us were with us and were very surprised at the bad service we got the day we all went. There appeared to be 3 waiters/waitresses working and a manager on duty. If it weren't for all of them we never would have gotten the normal service just one waiter/waitress normally can handle. When our waiter took our order he took 3 peoples order and started to walk away. We had to call him back to finish the rest of the table. It was really odd. He barely spoke English, one was on her first day and the other spoke a little more English but none were familiar with the menu or could answer any questions. The food was OK not great but the service took away from that.
I recommend the Greek salad, hummus an pita bread which were good. But then again those are pretty much basic staples and really hard to mess up. Refills were hard to get, ice in your refill was not gonna happen!!! The Tzatziki was runny - we were told that was the second batch made for us that someone had put too much water in the first one. I'd hate to see the first one 'cuz ours was like soup!!! We should have not been charged for that but didn't want to make a big deal and let it go. My meal was not anything like it the description on the menu - I ordered Moussaka and I still am not sure what I actually got. I even asked a waitress what it was called and she first called it something else that I didn't order (eggplant lasagna). Then another waiter walked by and said oh no that is Moussaka. It was not good what ever it was. Those at my table who ordered the Gyros said they were good. The rice was sticky and over cooked and I usually really love the rice from Greek restaurants. We eat at Fadis a lot which is kinda like fast food Greek but it so fresh and good and really blows this place away!!!

• Visited June 2013

“Quaint with great service”
Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

My friend & I stopped in for a late lunch not knowing what to expect.
We ordered a grilled chicken sandwich with a side of grilled potatoes & veggies. Not only was it delightful but the ambiance was there as well. We we're also informed that the Mediterranean Chef sign we were taking pictures of was the 22 year old original sign. It was a nice surprise to get a bit of history as well as a wonderful lunch.

• Visited May 2013
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Ask for Dmitri!”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We only ordered pita sandwiches (falafel and gyro--both yummy), but Dmitri was as attentive as if we'd ordered full dinners. So glad we ordered the potatoes rather than the french fries, as they were very nicely spiced. The tadziki sauce on the falafel was pretty middle-of-the-road on spice level, and the falafel were a bit less flavorful than I prefer, although they had nice texture--not grainy, as falafel can sometimes be.

• Visited April 2013
“Disappointing at best”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

It was only a salad with shrimp but was drowned in dressing, not good at all. The shrimp were smallish but tasty. The service was slow but the waiter was very pleasant. I would not return to this restaurant, my first meal in Galveston was a disappointing experience.

• Visited March 2013
Austin, TX
“Great service!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

Dimitri was our server and he was such a pleasure. He was very attentive and gave plenty of honest advice of activities to do on the island. The owner/manager also came over and was a pleasure to talk too.

Food was good. Calamari was ok - cooked properly but lacking in flavor. I ordered a gyro and it was very good. My husband got the daily special - a Greek version of fried steak. He loved it! The Greek potatoes on the side were perfectly spiced and cooked. Enjoyable lunch!