“THE SERVICE WAS WORTH THE PRICE ALONE!”
Review of The Steakhouse

The Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Indulge in the Island's finest, award-winning cuisine at The Steakhouse, featuring USDA Midwest grain-fed beef, live Maine lobster and an award-winning wine list. Recipient of the prestigious AAA Four Diamond Award(R) since 2004 and selected as one of the "Top Ten Texas Steakhouses" by food critic Tom Horan, The Steakhouse is an extraordinary dining experience for any connoisseur. The Steakhouse was also voted Best Steakhouse on the Coast by Texas Monthly magazine and "Best Place for Steak" by readers of the Galveston Daily News.
Kokomo, IN
“THE SERVICE WAS WORTH THE PRICE ALONE!”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We came here for our anniversary! The prices are high but once you sit down and experience the service and food you will be glad you came! They made sure to congratulate us at the end of our meal w/ a surprise anniversary cheesecake! You barely would get 3 sips from your water and it would be filled. They seemed to know what you needed or wanted and never had to ask. They made sure to call you by name which made the experience even nicer. You will know that you are in a 5 star restaurant w/out question. They call for resort casual attire but I am glad we dressed up a touch,. The filet in bernaise sauce was like slicing through butter, the lobster/crab risotto was so yummy I could have eaten that alone. We would be likely to say this is the best meal we have ever had! I would highly recommend treating yourself to dinner here! You will see why they are rated #1 in Texas! Don't forget your reservations!

1 Thank msditty

San Antonio, Texas
“Memorable Birthday Experience!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

While in town for a conference, my wife and I came for dinner to celebrate her birthday. From the start, the service was fantastic. We were treated very specially and everyone was attentive to our needs. Our waiter, Carl, was simply amazing. The food was tasty and satisfying. We both had filets and they were cooked perfectly to order. They were tender, juicy and full of flavor. We shared the steamed asparagus and it, too, was tender yet crunchy. We finished off with a rich and creamy cheesecake--truly one of the better cheesecakes we have ever had (and we've had plenty). We will definitely come back here next time we are in Galveston!

Fort Worth, Texas
“Great food, even better service”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We went for an early dinner before attending a concert in Houston, showed up early before restaurant was even open and they went ahead and seated us. Only issue which is minor is the lighting was very dark, candle lit is nice but I could barely see the wine list. Free goat cheese crostini appetizer was awesome, thankfully wifey doesn't like goat cheese so double for me. She is a vegetarian so she had baked potato and asparagus. Both good. I went all out and started with a shrimp cocktail, followed by surf and turf ( filet and colossal crab legs ) as well as a live lobster. All were absolutely delicious, steak was perfect, left me wanting more, crab legs were ginormous and best I have had in a while, same for the lobster which was broiled. Expensive, but well worth every penny, can't wait to go back. Highly recommend.

Galveston
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

John Paul rocks! Had a wonderful time and awesome dinner. The service and food was on point! The best steak ever. My mother was so impressed she didn't have words. Fantastic! Thanks.

Visited March 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent steak at a price”
Reviewed March 24, 2014

I had dinner at the bar reasonably early on a Friday night. The most important thing to note is that this is not a cheap place to eat however it was worth the premium. I ordered the Texas ribeye and it was one of the best steaks I have eaten. It was possibly a little better cooked than the rare I ordered but it was still juicy and succulent. The portions are huge so a single side was more than enough for a meal. Apart from the slightly odd look I received when I asked if it was OK to sit at the bar (I guess you are meant to just go and sit down) but apart from that, the service was immaculate.
A steak plus a side of spinach and a glass of red wine came to about $80 before tip.