“Excellent Lunch”

Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 320 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 20th Street
Description: When visiting Galveston Island, you simply can't miss the Island's most unique dining experience, Rudy & Paco. Rudy & Paco features grilled seafood and steak with a South and Central American sabor. Relax and unwind with your favorite cocktail while enjoying delicious Antojitos. Rudy & Paco is located next door to The Grand 1894 Opera House, and is a great choice for pre-show dinner specials. Dinner: No shorts (men or women), hats/caps, or sleeveless shirts for men. Lunch: Smart Casual
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hard to beat the lunch specials here. I had a very nice salad, blackened mahi mahi, vegetable and rice for around $10.

Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I visited Rudy & Paco's on our weekend trip to Galveston.We were celebrating our anniversary. The setting was very romantic,but not too stuffy.People were having a great time around us.The food was well plated and delicious,I couldn't have asked for better.I was able to order a non alcoholic drink from the bar,something that many restaurants don't care to do,so that was a nice touch.We especially enjoyed our anniversary dessert,which was a nice surprise! Our server was so patient with us,she took several pictures of us,when our phones kept refusing to flash.I would definitely go back!

1  Thank tboi
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Since I was BOI, my wife and I never miss the chance to dine at Rudy and Paco. WE always sit at the bar and enjoy one of the best wine lists on the island.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a top notch restaurant! What impressed me the most is how the servers all shake and pour martinis to each guest at your table at the same time. I loved the service - they don't interupt or ask if you are ok every five minutes. They just know what needs to be done and when to do it. It's a great place for a celebration or to impress someone on a first date, or just a quiet place to enjoy an excellent meal.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I were very excited about trying this restaurant mainly because of the reviews here on TripAdvisor. The atmosphere and service were top notch. However, I must say we were somewhat disappointed with the food. The presentation was lovely, but the taste was just average to above average. We do not mind paying higher prices if the quality is there, but we did not feel that the food was that outstanding. We noticed on the menu that the restaurant uses alot of the same sauces and toppings on its different items. The snapper my husband had just did not work with the raspberry chipotle and plaintain crust. The previous day we had pan-seared red snapper that was absolutely to die for, and it was half the cost and much more flavorful.

2  Thank Tookiedogs1