“Amazing Food, Orchestrated Service”

Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 20th Street
Description: When visiting Galveston Island, you simply can't miss the Island's most unique dining experience, Rudy & Paco. Rudy & Paco features grilled seafood and steak with a South and Central American sabor. Relax and unwind with your favorite cocktail while enjoying delicious Antojitos. Rudy & Paco is located next door to The Grand 1894 Opera House, and is a great choice for pre-show dinner specials. Dinner: No shorts (men or women), hats/caps, or sleeveless shirts for men. Lunch: Smart Casual
Austin, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing Food, Orchestrated Service”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I love this restaurant! And the owner is so personable and welcoming.. as if you're one of the family! I ordered a steak and it was incredible.. however, it was the bread pudding for dessert that I will return for, any time I'm in Galveston! I'm not a bread pudding kind of person but one of my dinner partners insisted upon it and after one bite.. I wanted my very own!! It isn't the bread pudding per se as it is the incredible sauce that is is served on.. OMG.. sooo good!! I love desserts but only indulge in the truly amazing.. well worth the calories and extra exercise kind of desserts, and this one is one of the top 10! The main entrees are delicious and perfectly prepared.. but be sure to save room for the dessert.. you won't be sorry!!

Visited July 2013

• Korean first
Houston, TX
“Best in Galveston”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Rudy and Paco is a great restaurant! It is surprisingly nice for Galveston. Just off the strand. The food and service are excellent. There is a small bar area to meet your friends before dinner or while waiting for a table. Nice wine selection too.

• Visited June 2013
Houston, Texas
“"Outstanding meal and service"”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We drive an hour just to treat ourselves to this fine restaurant. It's always consistent and we are never disappointed! The food is fresh and the service is the best! Paco always stops at our table to welcome us and thank us for coming. He has trained his staff to give exceptional service to anyone who enters their restaurant. I always feel at home and leave with the happiest in my dining experience.

Dallas, Texas
“Best meal in Galveston”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is a wonderful restaurant that offers great service too. Everything we ordered (ropa vieja, chicken pasta, and taquitos) was excellent. I would love to go back for lunch today, but they are closed on Sundays.

I am so glad to have found this place because so many restaurants in Galveston are disappointing, if not downright bad. Rudy and Paco's is a true stand out. Love it!

We went with our two children for lunch. There is not a kids menu, but the kids (age 7 and 9) shared the taquitos and thought it was great.

Houston, Texas
“Exceptional”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We have on many occasions tried to get reservations to this restaurant and each time they were full, by chance we were in the area and walked in for a cocktail at the bar and asked if they had any availability ( It was early 6:30pm) , much to our surprise the hostess kindly said yes! We quickly learned why this restaurant is always busy and why our numerous friends have recommended. The wine selections are great, the food is exceptional and our server was terrific.
This was our first time and definitely will not be our last, we will continue to dine here at every opportunity.

1 Thank 22Hoteltraveler