“Great menu selection”

Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 20th Street
Description: When visiting Galveston Island, you simply can't miss the Island's most unique dining experience, Rudy & Paco. Rudy & Paco features grilled seafood and steak with a South and Central American sabor. Relax and unwind with your favorite cocktail while enjoying delicious Antojitos. Rudy & Paco is located next door to The Grand 1894 Opera House, and is a great choice for pre-show dinner specials. Dinner: No shorts (men or women), hats/caps, or sleeveless shirts for men. Lunch: Smart Casual
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

This place was really good, and upscale. We walked in for lunch, and our kids were being a little bratty bc they wanted to get to the beach, and even they were happy with their meals. I had the fish tacos, my husband the chicken fried steak, and they let my kids request what they wanted - chicken tenders and a grilled cheese. Everything, even the kids' meals, were excellent, as was the service.

1  Thank KatyStephanie
There are newer reviews for Rudy & Paco Restaurant & Bar

Reviewed July 11, 2013

I found this gem of a restaurant through Yelp! Being Central American I am nostalgic for childhood smells and flavors. When I read the description that it had South and Central American inspired dishes I had to check it out.

The restaurant sits unpretentiously on the corner of the Galveston Opera House, a relic of the Victorian era gone-by still in operation. This being my second visit to Galveston I am in awe of aged buildings and their histories of long ago.

I didn't know what to expect going to Rudy & Paco, but the first thing you notice when you walk in is the wall-to-wall wine lockers! And the Goliath size wine bottles (appropriately called Double Magnum and Jeroboam size) standing proudly on top of the cabinets. Secondly, you notice the parade of servers bringing one dish each at near-by table... You know you are in or a treat! And thank goodness I made lunch reservations.

We were seated and promptly served Tostones with a side of savory salsa and a chimichuri of sorts. I had their Warm Spinach Salad (dressing on the side) and Gulf Trout Ceviche, my boyfriend had the Plantain Crusted Chicken. All very delicate flavors and delicious! and well presented.

We had coffee and dessert... I saw someone at the next table eating Banana Pudding (not on the menu) and it was just like my mom used to serve it ... With vanilla wafers :) I had to order it. I dont know if it was a homemade recipe, there was something artificial about it, but it was bananayuminess!!!

Unbeknown to us, Mr. Paco himself helped cleared the table... Bill noticed his face in all the pictures with the celebs that have eaten there?

Excellent choice! And a reason to return often. Our server was a sweetheart from West Texas and was very helpful, and made our experience extraordinaire!!!

Reviewed July 8, 2013

After many attempts (4 or more), I finally got a 5:30 pm Saturday reservation (about a month in advance). The service was wonderful but the food wasn't anything to write home about. My husband got the escargot and said he had better.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We were a 3 generation group ages 1 to 91. They accommodated every need & the food was outstanding including the delicious Texas wine - Messina Hof.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We were underdressed for the business lunch crowd since we were just touring the island, but were pleasantly pleased, just as Texas Monthly stated in a recent review. My husband had never had empanadas and enjoyed the three protein options; shrimp being the most tasty. As our waitress Amy stated, the presentation for the meatloaf sandwich would be spectacular. It was way more food than anyone should have presented for a lunch meal. The tortilla soup was also flavorful and filling We can't wait to have a nice dinner here too.