“Great view, Good value, Excellent server.”

Miller's Seawall Grill
Ranked #10 of 320 Restaurants in Galveston
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our beach front location and fresh fare makes Miller's Seawall Grill a Galveston favorite for locals and visitors alike. While we prepare meals, our guests relax and enjoy the atmosphere and views. Our full menu is available all day. We offer traditional American breakfast favorites like French toast, omelettes, waffles, pancakes and steak and eggs. We also serve sandwiches, po-boys, burgers, salads, soup and gumbo. Miller's also serves traditional entrees, like chicken fried steak, ribeye steaks, chicken, liver&onions and pork n stuffing.Enjoy our seafood selection of: shrimp, oysters, flounder, snapper, salmon, lump crab. Our bar serves beer and wine, along with our signature bloody mary, margaritas and mimosas. Miller's also offers takeout.
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Had dinner on a Saturday evening. We were fortunate to request and get a window view booth overlooking the Boulevard to the Gulf. Shimp Galvez was excellent as an appetizer. We both had the fried shrimp and I added fried oysters to my entree. The servings were very generous and more than could be eaten. Special word for server Sherrie, She was very attentive and observant of situations and how to address them. Ask for her is she is working.

donalcsd, Owner at Miller's Seawall Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Your opening line says it all! Thank you for taking the time to share this glowing recommendation for us here on TripAdvisor. It means the world to hear just how much you enjoyed your meal with us and I look forward to passing your compliments along to Sherrie. Next time you're in town, I hope you'll keep us in mind! Our door's always open.

Take care,
Don Clark, Owner

Write a ReviewReviews (2,098)

Reviewed May 16, 2014

The food was OK, nothing special. Had a combination of grilled shrimp, mac & cheese and vegetables. The restaurant is located right across from the water and its easy to get a table with a great view, which I think is the best feature of the place.

donalcsd, Owner at Miller's Seawall Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on TripAdvisor. It's disheartening to read you found our food just "OK," as we always want to impress our guests. In fact, we usually receive compliments on our tasty flavors. fresh food and affordable prices. Where else can you get a meal and a drink for under $11?

That said, I'm happy you enjoyed our view, and I'm hoping your service was just as great. If you have additional feedback on how we could improve our grilled shrimp and mac & cheese, please reach out to me. I'm all ears on how we can improve to better serve our guests.

Kindly,

Reviewed May 15, 2014

My husband and I ate here tonight. Dress is casual. Nice wooden booths with view of the gulf. Menu has alot of seafood - both fried and grilled. If you like hush puppies (as I do), order an appetizer size (10) to supplement the lone hush puppy that you get with the meal. The Key Lime pie was very light and not too sweet. I recommend trying it!

1  Thank Carol M

I appreciate your support, Carol! Thank you for taking the time to spread the good word about our Grill here on TripAdvisor. From our hush puppies to the key lime pie, I'm thrilled that you and your husband enjoyed a tasty meal with us. Next time you're in Galveston, I hope you'll keep us in mind. You've always got a spot at our table!

Until then,

Reviewed May 15, 2014

We had many to chose from, but I'm so thankful we chose Millers! The prices are fantastic for what you get. The meals are so huge, you have enough for lunch the next day. We ( family of six) vacationed on Galveston. We had breakfast at Millers and WOW!! The French toast was out of this world, that pecan sugar glaze is insane. The grits are fantastic, as were the pancakes, the perfectly cooked bacon and chicken fried steak! The coffee? Seriously, this is no regular cup of joe. It was so smooth and rich, we asked them the name of the brand and went out and bought it. It was so delicious here, we came back 3 hrs. later for lunch.
Gumbo, gumbo, gumbo!! I've had a lot, and this is delectable. The hush puppies were amazing and the lemonade, delish!! Seriously, the bigger restaurants have a lot of advertising, but I wanted to pick a place that seemed more into their food quality and amazing service ( did I forget that.), than just making money. This place is so good, I will be returning again and again!
M.Shewack, PA.

1  Thank Martina S
donalcsd, Owner at Miller's Seawall Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2014

Nothing we love more than impressing our guests! My sincerest thank you for taking the time to share this glowing recommendation for us here on TripAdvisor, Martina. I'm thankful you chose us, too, and am delighted to hear just how much you enjoyed your meal, especially the gumbo! Next time you're in Galveston, I hope you'll keep us in mind. You've always got a spot at our table!

Take care,

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This is such a charming place. I love the wood booths, walls and ceilings, the old style lighting hanging down from the ceiling, and the old black and white photos at the entry area. They are known for delicious, fast and affordable comfort food, great service, and (for many tables) a view of the waves in the gulf across the street/seawall. My husband and I both loved their fried shrimp...a light batter, and the shrimp was sweet and tender (so many places cook it too long and it gets tough). We agreed it was among the top 2 or 3 plates of fried shrimp we have eaten at any restaurant period. We also tried the meatloaf and their soup-of-the-day beef vegetable. This is the food you would cook at home if you were that good of a cook! Fresh spinach side dish, and fresh sauteed green beans were perfect. Their Italian Cream Cake is huge and so soft and fresh. We thought it might be the best cake of any kind we had ever had anywhere. Service is fast and very friendly. Atmosphere is casual. Menu has a large variety of sandwiches, burgers, entrees of various kinds including lots of seafood choices, salads, and they serve an all-day breakfast. Very popular place so if it's peak times (like weekends) be prepared for a wait. They will give you a "light up lobster" to let you know when your table is ready. If you like to eat at local places (rather than the big chains) this should be on your list when you visit Galveston!

1  Thank CindyW_Texas_USA
donalcsd, Owner at Miller's Seawall Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

What a heartwarming review! My sincerest thank you for taking the time to share such thoughtful, detailed feedback with us here on TripAdvisor, Cindy. It means the world to know we have guests who are so passionate about our Grill and honestly, I don't know where we would be without out! I truly appreciate your support and cannot wait to pass your many kind words along to the team. Next time you're craving Italian Cream Cake, I hope you'll keep us in mind! Our door's always open.

Cheers,