“My Favorite Restaurant on Galveston Island!”

Miller's Seawall Grill
Ranked #5 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Our beach front location and fresh fare makes Miller's Seawall Grill a Galveston favorite for locals and visitors alike. While we prepare meals, our guests relax and enjoy the atmosphere and views. Our full menu is available all day. We offer traditional American breakfast favorites like French toast, omelettes, waffles, pancakes and steak and eggs. We also serve sandwiches, po-boys, burgers, salads, soup and gumbo. Miller's also serves traditional entrees, like chicken fried steak, ribeye steaks, chicken, liver&onions and pork n stuffing.Enjoy our seafood selection of: shrimp, oysters, flounder, snapper, salmon, lump crab. Our bar serves beer and wine, along with our signature bloody mary, margaritas and mimosas. Miller's also offers takeout.
Houston, TX
“My Favorite Restaurant on Galveston Island!”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

I have always loved this restaurant! Their fried catfish platter is delicious and they give you an ample serving of fish and fries. We stayed at the Hotel Galvez during our Jan 2012 trip and Miller's is within walking distance of the hotel.

Visited January 2012

“Excellent Seafood”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This place is great! The seafood is so good. Some of our group ordered their own recipe of gumbo-they loved it. The prices are very fair and items to please everyone on the menu. Across the street from the beach as well.

Visited December 2011
Mill Bay
“Not quite as advertised”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We read the reviews and expected some good food. We arrived on Valentines Day and noticed that they still had some table available, unlike the other restaurants we had checked on, which might have been an indication. My wife and I ordered the 16 shrimp special which came with two sides and texas toast, the only thing really fresh on the plate may have been the shrimp and the texas toast. The Sauteed Mushrooms appeared be served in the liquid that they were canned with and were soggy as were the green bean which were actually broad beans, again canned and soggy. If the Hush Puppies are anything like what the ones that we had tasted like then I will never order them again.
My wife had the salad and soup as sides, they both arrived at about the same temperature and the vegatable soup was full of big chunks of potato and lots of frozen veggies the overwhelmed the tiny cup it came in. The salad was very plain, a couple of leafs of iceberg and some slices of tomatoes and carrots. This must have been the B Team cooking, or maybe the C team.... maybe the good cooks had taken there sweeties somewhere else for valentines, I don't know. It just seemed so at odds with all the other reviews.
The only thing we enjoyed was the shrimp and the texas toast which were the only things that seemed fresh, I wouldn't go back or recommend it although it might be good for breakfast, who can screw up breakfast after all.....

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank Comms_Guy11
donalcsd, Owner at Miller's Seawall Grill, responded to this review, February 21, 2012
thank you for your last visit to our establishment. i am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. i do have a couple issues about your review. we do not advertise for your business and never have. our business is based on our reputation as a cafe serving quality food fast at reasonable prices. we serve comfort food. we are a low end restaurant and you spent 12.99 per person for your food. your review reads that you want the best quality for a small price. when you find that please inform me. as far as your comment about valentines day and empty tables... most people choose a place of higher standard than a cafe for such a special evening if it is about high quality products.

don clark
owner
Greenville, Texas
“Always enjoy the ambience”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Over Mardi Gras, ate here twice. First time was for dinner. Wife and I shared three appetizers, and all was ok. What caught my attention is they don't have a full bar. You could order beer .. Mimosas... ( just ok my wife told me ) .. and Margaritas ( very weak).... too bad, because it would have been a nice touch to the meal

Two days later , we had breakfast. Mine was excellent ( standard eggs, hash browns,etc) and wife had a Miller Club. Interestingly, it came with ONLY Turkey meat on it. It wasn't advertised as such. Was good.. but.... expected different meats. I checked the menu on the way out.. made a comment to the hostess.. and she said you have to tell them you want a variety of meats on it.. huh? ..

However, I'll be back... I'll just ask more questions when I order :)

• Visited February 2012
Fairview, Texas
“Fresh Seafood in Pleasant Oceanfront Setting”
Reviewed February 17, 2012

I had noticed all the cars at Miller's at lunch time, so when my husband and I drove back down Seawall Blvd. mid-afternoon hungry for lunch, we stopped to try it. The restaurant looks freshly refurbished and I overheard customers arriving wanting their "favorite' table so obviously they have repeat business.
I can vouch for the gumbo and shrimp salad, which were both tasty. And, contrary to one review, our service was excellent. I think this is a place we will also return to if we get back to Galveston.

Visited February 2012