“I was pretty pleased”
Review of Grotto Ristorante

Grotto Ristorante
Ranked #23 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Inspired by classic Southern Italian cooking, Galveston's newest Italian restaurant Grotto features delicious veal, chicken, seafood and house made pastas. Grotto's food and breath-taking décor are complimented by beachside views in Galveston Island's premiere resort and hotel. Wine connoisseurs will be impressed with the extensive collection of Italian and domestic selections. With our winning combination of impeccable service, superb cuisine and passion for detail, Grotto is the perfect restaurant in Galveston for Italian dining.
ADA
“I was pretty pleased”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I didn't realize the restaurant was so small and all the tables were reserved for large groups so we had to sit at the bar. We got the brushetta for an appetizer and we split a chicken pizza. The pizza was excellent. The crust was thin and crispy and the chicken was really tender. I'm glad we tried this place. The peach bellini I ordered was amazing.

• Visited April 2014

Austin, Texas
“Surprised at quality. Worth a stop.”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Off season. Reserved table for 8:30. Mostly empty. Were taken to table between to occupied ones, inc. 2 infants. I asked for another. Quickly taken elsewhere. I looked at wines by the glass, all italian. Decided not to bother. Were brought delicious bread with herbacious olive oil. I ordered the stuffed chicken and companion the lasagna with meat. My plates was beautiful. The chicken was sliced and fanned so you could see the filling. It was served with sauteed spinach. It was delicious. Not just for a hotel restaurant, one of the best stuffed chicken plates I have ever had. Crispy outside, perfectly cooked, juicy, delicious stuffing. The spinach was also well cooked, flavorful and not soggy. The lasagna was also tasty. My companion likes sweet tomato sauces. This was a perfectly blended, fresh and light sauce slightly on sweet side. Very good sized poRtions as well.

Dessert was chocolate cream pie. We had trouble cutting through the crust, but almost didn't notice. The chocolate used was clearly high quality. It was crazy creamy and the cream topping was light. A perfect complement.

We did not have beverages other than coffee. We spent lesz than $60 before tip.

Service was very good. Highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank margarita0708
Alpharetta, Georgia
“only good thing about the san luis angela bryant is outstanding and so is her staff”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

the good restaurant at the san Louis and the only professional staff hats off to them. The food was excellent and the service wonderful

Visited April 2014
“One Year Anniversary”
Reviewed April 1, 2014 via mobile

First I just want to thank the Grotto restaurant for being open on a Sunday evening, my husband and I were having g trouble finding a place to celebrate our one year anniversary in Galveston. The Grotto is a small intimate restaurant that is located at a beautiful resort and has a great view of their pool. Our waiter (which I do not remember his name) was so attentive. We constantly were taken care of, never had to ask for refills or wait to get out waiters attention. The atmosphere is sophisticated and the food is so fresh. I highly recommend trying the Grotto for good italian food and you do not need to stay at the resort to enjoy it. I also want to thank our waiter for helping to make our anniversary so special.

Dallas, Texas
“easy dining”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Restaurant is connected to the resort which makes it very convenient. The drinks are creative and good. The food is also well prepared and the view is nice---ocean and pool waterfall

Visited March 2014