“Mid-afternoon delight”
Review of Grotto Ristorante

Grotto Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Grotto Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 321 Restaurants in Galveston
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Inspired by classic Southern Italian cooking, Galveston's newest Italian restaurant Grotto features delicious veal, chicken, seafood and house made pastas. Grotto's food and breath-taking décor are complimented by beachside views in Galveston Island's premiere resort and hotel. Wine connoisseurs will be impressed with the extensive collection of Italian and domestic selections. With our winning combination of impeccable service, superb cuisine and passion for detail, Grotto is the perfect restaurant in Galveston for Italian dining.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went to the Grotto about 4pm hoping they would be open mid week. Surprisingly I was one of many, some tourist and some locals. The staff greeted me warmly and called me by name. The waitress was kind, attentive and efficient. She made suggestions, without being intrusive. The food was excellent and looked wonderful as well. The chocolate pie was to die for served with excellent coffee. There was a mix-up with my Landry select membership points and the staff worked very hard to resolve it. And they did. Thanks to all.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Came here due to good reviews read in TA and took my family visiting from overseas and was not disappointed. Location is in the San Luis Resort hotel in Galveston and faces the resort pool with a small glimpse of the beachfront/ ocean as well. We arrived for an early dinner with 3 adults and 2 small kids and had a short wait for a table. Ilyiana our attendant was very pleasant and promptly provided crayons and drawing sheets for the kids which was very welcome. She was always attentive and genuinely friendly without being obtrusive. The calamari, antipasti platter, chicken fettucini and pizza was very good although the large meatball in the spaghetti was rather dry. Overall, pricing was affordable considering the portion sizes were good and the food came in a reasonable amount of time from order placement. The size of the restaurant is a bit small and by the time we left, there was a long line for the dinner patrons coming in. Definitely call to make reservations if coming in for dinner. The majority of the view is facing the front of the hotel into the resort pool with a small amount of the seaside visible. Lighting is cozy but welcoming and the overall ambiance is inviting. All the staff were very pleasant with my kids so definitely recommend this for families also. Complimentary biscotti at the end of our meal when paying was icing on the cake on a very good experience overall. Will definitely recommend this place when in Galveston.

1  Thank biggyboy123
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Wonderful staff , very helpful , Jon Paul is the best. Can't ask for better service.
Will return time and time agian.
Ross Woody Wells

1  Thank RossWoodyWells
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Had my 59th birthday here. The service, food, and atmosphere exceeded my expectations. I can't wait to go back! My new favorite place in Galveston. I can't remember a better dinning experience in Galveston. Thank you for making my birthday so memorable! I will be back very soon!

1  Thank gabrielback
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Everything we had was good. Two in our party had Veal, I don't recall it's name, but both said it was very good. I had Lasagna and it was also very good My wife had a shrimp with Penni Pasta and was excellent.

Service was good and well timed.

1  Thank cuzn