“Breakfast was very good!”
Review of Gumbo Diner

Gumbo Diner
Ranked #32 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Reviewed August 5, 2018

I had a good breakfast at the Gumbo Diner. The service was good and the food was good. I was not impressed with the orange juice which was def the cheap stuff but that is the only thing I thought needed improvement. The price point was right as well.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Gumbo Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you for joining us for breakfast, Ryan! We appreciate the great 4-star rating and the feedback. We hope you'll come see us again soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2018

Gumbo is fabulous & breakfast with beignets are a must!
We ate here for dinner and breakfast during our stay. Great food for either.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Gumbo Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2018

Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again real soon!

Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

Really quick stop here for lunch. We were pulling a uhaul soooo the large parking lot was a big determiner for the choice. We ordered the crawfish pistolette for an appetizer. It was PERFECT!!!! There were two of them with tons of ettouffee on top. We got our entrees of seafood gumbo (ordered the smallest size and it was HUGE!) and crawfish po boy. The poboy was good, and the hand cut fries were awesome. My gumbo was ok. It was pretty bland- believe it or not. The roux used was incredibly thin and dark- a little different from what I’m used to. Nonetheless, our waitress made up for the ok gumbo by keeping our table cleaned, drinks refreshed and made sure our food was warm and ready. I would definitely visit again if in the area.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Gumbo Diner, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself. We'll look forward to your next visit to the Island!

Reviewed July 30, 2018

After trying to go to several other restaurants that had over an hour wait, we ended up at Gumbo Diner. There was no wait. The food was the best we had on our trip. I am so glad we ended up there! The chicken fried steak was excellent and the shrimp and grits were the best I've ever had. I talked to a local and she and her husband go there all the time. She said they fight the traffic to go eat there because it's so good. The service was a bit slow and it's a small diner atmosphere but the food more than made up for it. We will definitely go back the next time we are in Galveston!

1  Thank amh4624
KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Gumbo Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Thank you for the praise. We hope that you can come back again soon!

Reviewed July 25, 2018 via mobile

We went with a large group for dinner. We had 7 exhausted kids in our group and the staff was very patient. They even sang happy birthday to my friends niece and brought her a beignet. My husband got the crawfish étouffée and I got the shrimp poboy. We split the two and both were delicious. My son got the fried fish and said it was really good. We will definitely eat there again on our next vacation.

KarlaGRG, Public Relations Manager at Gumbo Diner, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2018

Thank you for your review! We appreciate you taking the time, and we look forwward to your next vist next time you're in Galveston!