“Breakfast Place”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Went there for breakfast and was not disappointed. Everything on everyone's plate disappeared and quickly. Server friendly and very attentive.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

These are not beignets- funnel cakes, maybe... They were crunchy & hard. The only edible part was the powdered sugar! Biscuits & gravy had gravy the consistency of milk. We didn't even touch them. Also didn't eat the hash browns - in fact, had to scrape then onto another plate because they were slimy. The build-your-own on omelets were okay, but there isn't salt on the table, which may have made the food a little less bland. Huge disappointment for $42 for 1 adult & 2 kids!!

Reviewed June 16, 2014

One evening I opted for a dinner of side dishes instead of an entre and was surprised with some of the best black eyed peas and squash I've ever had. Cooked with a soul food flare.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We really wanted some good gumbo. This was not the place. Just no flavor. The chicken and waffles were just that! Fried chicken tender over a plain belgium waffle. No taste. The special lunch of grilled fish was nice. The Greek Salad was big and was tasty. The shrimp on top were the sweetest, biggest, tastiest, shrimp that I have had in a long time. I don't think we will go back unless we want to go for beignets! Would like to try them.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

We ate here for lunch. My friend was really excited about the gumbo and it was just ok. Very dark rue. I ordered a shrimp poboy and it had about 6 fried shrimp in it and the bread was chewy instead of crunchy. My sister ordered the stuffing balls and I didn't care for them but she liked them. Another friend ordered the fried chicken sandwich and said it was really good. The service was average. The desert was what we came for and it was heavier bread than those who are from Louisiana liked but those who had never had it were very impressed. I think it is all about expectations. I wouldn't go back but some at our table really liked the food.