“Clean, modern rooms”

Courtyard by Marriott Galveston Island
Ranked #18 of 51 Hotels in Galveston
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great clean hotel, seemed very new. Cool pool area, grotto and underwater lights. When I stayed here were lots of kids in the pool, it would be nice to have some adult hours for the pool so adult guests could relax without kids jumping and splashing around. Very chic room with bold colors on the wall, I liked it. I would definitely stay again

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Spondee101

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

I 100% recommend this hotel to anyone staying at Galveston. We absolutely loved staying here and barely left during it two night stay. It is located right across from the beach and a short walk to dining, a movie theater, and recreation (go carts & mini golf). Rooms are comfortable and clean. The restaurant serves good food at a very reasonable cost considering its a hotel. The pool is amazing!!! My kids enjoyed it so much they never wanted to get out. The fitness room is large and fairly well equipped but lacks music. It's extremely quiet with no speakers that I could hear. The front desk offers complimentary detergent and softener sheets for the laundry facilities ($1.25 for wash and dry - each). The only thing I can think to improve upon is to add more than one washer and dryer. They were always being used and I can't imagine what it'd be like when the hotel is full. Aside from that, this hotel is modern, clean, and convenient. We will definitely stay here if we ever return to Galveston.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Bdga2006
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I selected this hotel because it was newly opened. We stayed in one of the ocean view king suites. The balcony was nice with a great view of the ocean. The fitness equipment has individual televisions with ear buds. The ear buds are cleaned after each usage but I cleaned mine before using them just to be certain they were sanitized. The pool area is lovely. I ordered room service once and the food was actually better than I expected. There were only two incidences that kept me from giving this hotel five stars. When we first arrived and went onto the balcony there was a disposable cup filled with cigarette butts from the previous guest beside one of the chairs. I called the front desk for someone to come remove it and they sent someone up within minutes. It could have simply been missed by housekeeping but I hope management will be sure to remind housekeeping to be more thorough. The second day of our stay I waited all day for the room to be serviced. Finally at 3 o'clock in the afternoon I called the front desk to say if I could just have some clean towels, I wouldn't mind making the bed myself. I waited for almost an hour and no one brought towels. I looked down the hallway, saw housekeeping, ask her for towels, and called to let the front desk know that I had gotten them myself in case they were still trying to locate someone to bring them to the room. At 5 o'clock housekeeping knocked on the door to service the room. I just told them to empty the trash, take the dirty linens, and leave a couple extra washcloths. Those incidences were disappointing particularly given the price of the room. Because this hotel is new, I am sure employment of housekeepers may have to be tweaked a little before they settle in on really good ones.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 20, 2013

This hotel is amazing. I believe it is fairly new, and it really shows. Everything is very clean, and the staff members are incredibly nice and helpful. The rooms are very nice with the most comfortable beds. The pool area is wonderful...very kid friendly too. There is an outside bar/cafe with poolside service available. There is also a fire pit/lounge area that was great for nighttime visits. There is not a beach right across the street, it is about 1 mile down the road. The beach area is not the same since the storm, but the pool at this hotel was too nice...we didn't leave. There is also a parking garage around the back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 20, 2013

I really want to thank the staff at this facility. Paula Blackwell you have gone above & beyond to help me purchase the pillows that I wanted, which are remarkable!!!!! Thank you so much. This is my #1 place to stay in Galveston. The place is beautiful, clean, & they have the BEST STAFF working there. WE LOVE THIS PLACE & WILL ONLY STAY HERE FOR ALL FUTURE VISITS. Your very happy guest, Debbie from Dallas, Tx

Room Tip: corner suites are spacious & great.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This is a brand new hotel in Galveston, near public beach. Common areas are beautiful, pool area is good. I think is kind of a expensive hotel buy maybe booking in advance you will be able to get a better price.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Brand new hotel in a great location with lots of ocean front rooms. We were nothing but impressed from being greeted at check in to the wonderful amenities at the pool hat has a full service bar as well as lots of water features. At night when u come back from dinner you will be surprised to see the pool lights going and what appears to be a party to the casual observer going on. We will definitely stay here next time we are in Galveston.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family