“Good Happy Hour”

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The Spot is a must on your visit. There are a number of rooms but we enjoy the bar facing the ocean. Good specials on food and drinks for happy hour. Great view watching the waves crash ashore.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,057)

Reviewed January 28, 2014

When we're in Galveston to catch a cruise, we always have to eat here. The food is very good. The day we were here one of the specials was seafood jambalaya - my son-in-law's favorite dish. He said it was the best he had ever had. It had just about every kind of seafood in it you can think of - shrimp, crab, crawfish, squid, scallops, and lots more. It was loaded - all on top of rice. My husband & daughter got the quesidillas, and said they were very tasty. I got their signature burger, which you can dress w/your favorite toppings. My husband & son-in-law also got their bread pudding which is HUGE and very tasty!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The Spot and Rum Bar are a must for Galveston visitors.
Great burgers and hot dogs that you dress yourself at a bar. Salads and daily specials are always good.
The soda shop has the best homemade desserts, ice cream, and milk shakes.
A lively fun place with great food.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

I went to the Spot during a girls' weekend, and this hit the spot! I got the fried shrimp and waffle fries - it was delicious!! The onion rings were fantastic too. The staff were so sweet and attentive - I think I was called "ma'am" about 100 times. We'll definitely be back if we want a casual, delicious, fried meal!!

Reviewed January 22, 2014

We had lunch here for the 1st time, heard many good comments about the food. Our visit was not so good. We ordered the coconut shrimp, shrimp poboy and sea food platter. They were all over cooked. This will be our last visit.