“Enjoyed”

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed July 19, 2013

We had just gotten to Galveston after a 5 hour car ride and this was the first place we went to. It was very fast paced. You order then have a seat with the vibrating thingy that buzzes when your food is ready. I saw some people were looking at a menu before they got up to the counter, but we didn't have one, so we just ordered burgers. There was already a line forming behind us. So be prepared to know what you want. Also, there are no "combos," everything is bought separately so it really adds up. If you've ever been to a Fudruckers, it's basically the same concept. We sat outside and really enjoyed the view and people watching.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,056)

Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

We went here specifically for the burgers. They are great - lots of choices and toppings, and they taste fresh and of high quality ingredients. The place is a bit chaotic; you are pretty much on your own after you place your order at the counter. We found a seat upstairs and outside which was nice with a great view of the seawall. Service was not bad - there just wasn't much of it.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We ate here several meals and found good food for every meal. from our vegetarian to our meat eater, everyone found what they wanted. Great beach food!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We choose The Spot to eat dinner on our anniversary. It is a great family friendly place with plenty of choices for kids on the menu. The kids also received a souvenir cup and a cookie with their meal. It is designed much like Fuddruckers where you order at the counter and receive a buzzer when it's ready. We ordered fried pickles, they were very tasty! My husband is a bit of a foodie and he liked his meal (shrimp po-boy). I had a juicy hamburger that was more than enough food for me. They also have Blue Bell Ice-Cream and cakes for dessert.

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

While sitting at Fort Crockett along the sea wall, my traveling companion and I searched Yelp and Tripadvisor for suggestions on dinner. The Spot had great reviews, so we decided to try it out. To begin, the setup was a little confusing, and the hostess wasn't clear in explaining what you could/couldn't get in each area. We sat in the Tiki Bar where we were told we would receive full service. They advertise margaritas, but cannot use anything but beer/wine there- you have to visit another section for liquor. But you can't get food in those sections. And it isn't table service in the Tiki Bar- your waitress just puts in your order and you fetch it when your name is called out over the PA. Ours was a bit spacey during our visit and didn't tell us this until almost 10 minutes after our food was ready.
I was unimpressed with my order, but my friend loved hers- the shrimp po boy. After discussion, I realized I may not have understood what I was to expect from mine, so I can't hold that against the restaurant.
Overall, my experience was underwhelming, and I saw a few other customers who felt the same. However, the restaurant was packed with customers happily chatting, drinking and eating so there were obviously others who enjoyed their experience.