“The only reason, outside of the view, to go to Galveston ;)”
Review of The Spot

The Spot
Ranked #16 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Takeout
Key West, Florida
“The only reason, outside of the view, to go to Galveston ;)”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

I know there are all kinds of things to do in Galveston and I tease with my title. My trips to Galveston though are not complete with a great meal at The Spot. From the first time my parents relocated to Houston, TX from the East coast, we came out during the Christmas holidays and checked this place out.

I am so glad we did, not only did I buy a koozie that day, we all walked away happy. My burger was delicious and filling. I have been satisfied every time I go there. I really need to try something else, but each time I get down that way, it's always a burger, any way I like it.

The toppings bar is great also. They have expanded their little locale in the last four years. It's been that long since my last visit. My mother and I stopped there after checking out the Dickens on the Strand event not too long ago. We had to hold it together and only snack a bit so we could go to the Spot before heading back home.

This place has great food, great service, is very clean, and the view is the best on the island. I am from blue, blue water and great beaches and I miss them daily being here visiting my parents in Houston. When I get to see the bay, it's best from sitting at the SPOT.

• Visited December 2012

Lake Charles, Louisiana
“Something for everyone!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

This place is lots of fun! We got right in to a little table overlooking the gulf. We were on the first floor tiki bar, but there's a main restaurant, and a lounge on the third floor- so whatever you're feeling they've got it. We split a pitcher of beer, some appetizers and enjoyed the view. Good prices & great service- planing to go next time we're in town!

Galveston, Texas
“Burger Bar Plus”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

When friends want to stop for burgers, this is where I take them. Great atmosphere, funky, individual, inside/outside seating. Lots of sides and stuff to fill out your choice, good menu. One person didn't like burgers, and got a chicken breast. Said it was very good.
It's serve-yourself, so the service is as good as you want it to be.

• Visited November 2012
hadley rille
“crazy busy! decent burger!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

this place gets packed! decent burger, good seafood platter! great location! long lines for self service can drive you mad. hard to find a table. avoid rush hour.

• Visited March 2012
Galveston, Texas, United States
“Local favorite”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

The build your own hamburger bar lives on @ The Spot! Fat burgers are the theme here with an endless supply of condiments. They have a nice selection of ice cream as well. A++

Visited November 2012