“Great ocean views with ocean view prices.”
Review of The Spot

The Spot
Ranked #19 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Wichita, Kansas
“Great ocean views with ocean view prices.”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Ate dinner here as we spent the night in Galveston before a cruise. The place was packed and chaos was the name of the game! We stopped here with our two kids (7 and 10 yrs) and had a hard time finding a seat at 5pm. I can see where if you had a group of friends together for drinks on the patio this could be a cool fun spot...but I think I would buy the drinks and skip the food.

It really is a burger joint with a few extra sandwich offerings...my wife got the shrimp poboy and it was bread with shrimp and a side of shrimp sauce. No sauces or anything on it, so I guess dress your own at the condiment bar. Still was lacking though. Fries were the highlight of meal as they were hot and fresh but overall left dissapointed with sticker shock.

• Visited October 2012

Houston, TX
“Fried Pickles are great”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

The view from the upper deck is wonderful and the bar food is good. We go back - very casual. Eat the fried pickles and onion rings.

Visited October 2012
Houston
“These guys used to be good, now they are horrible!!!! only giving a 1 cause I have to”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My daughter and I made a quick trip to Galveston and decided to stop here for lunch. It has been several years since we stopped to eat here and we previously had a good experience.

WHAT HAPPENED??????

This was the most disgusting food I have eaten in a while! I had the ribeye steak sandwich and I will tell you, the Kroger deli department cuts a thicker slice of meat than these guys do (and they don't charge $9 for a small portion either)! The meat was so gristly that I had to tear it off with my back teeth. The waffle fries (I had to order them separately so add another $3) were disgusting. I should have asked what day of the week they change their oil (or IF they change it at all) as you could tell the oil was old. My daughter had the "Zack" burger and she ended up having to scrape off the chili they put on it as it was just disgusting and yet the burger itself did not have any flavor to it. She had ordered onion rings and all of the batter fell off them. She also made the same comment to me as I mentioned above. The grease used to cook them was old. YUCK!

The only thing that this place has going for it is the outside deck as it has a great view of the ocean - that is IF you can find a table. Seems to me that you have people just sitting at those tables sipping their drinks and taking up tables that people with food could really use to eat.

Seems to me that the couple that owned this place have lost whatever joy they used to have for this business (IF it's even owned by the same people who started it). I am saddened that yet another restaurant is taken off the list for prices that are WAY TOO HIGH for what you receive and the food is just nasty. I am hugging the Pepto Bismal bottle as I write this.....think it's time for another swig as I am not feeliing well at all.

I really hope that someone from down there reads this and makes a needed change to things as I don't foresee anyone wanting to pay $25 for lunch that makes you sick! I just know that I nor my daughter will NOT be going back there ever!

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank TXDaycationer
Duncan, OK
“Great food!”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We were in Galveston during the shrimp fest (Sept 2012) and ate at this place twice. Once we had the shrimp, and the second time, hamburgers. All of their food is excellent. The location has a great view of the ocean, and you can sit inside in air conditioning or outside on the deck if you wish.
We also tried their desserts - which are awesome! My husband had the bread pudding and it could have served a family! The serving size was huge, but he said it was delicious. I had the key-lime pie that was very good also. We saw someone at a table near us with the chocolate brownie, and it was also a huge serving.
This is a great place, great food. Try it! We liked it enough to do it twice!

• Visited September 2012
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, United States
“Good atmosphere”
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Was craving a po boy so went here. Fried fish and shrimp po boy was yummy- lots of food! Sat on the deck and enjoyed the view of the gulf. Enjoyed a Red Stripe and the bright atmosphere.