“Satisfaction in Quality and $$” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Waterford, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Satisfaction in Quality and $$”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We were in town for a cruise on RCI Mariner and found Leon's on Tripadvisor. We were glad we did! The decor is nothing to write home about but the food was really good and the price was too. I recommend getting the three meat plate and splitting it between 2 people. We had the brisket, Carolina chipped pork and the chicken. All were really good. We should have tried the ribs. We had mac & cheese, cole slaw and green beans for the sides. The mac was very good. The cole slaw wasn't as creamy as I like it but it was good. The green beans were okay but I should have gone for the greens instead. I also had the bread pudding with rum sauce for dessert (YUM). For the 4 of us it was only $40 for two 3-meat dinners, drinks and dessert. I'll be back if I make it to Galveston again.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank 465DanJ465

“A little hole in the wall..but the food makes up for the atmosphere.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

Found this restutanta on trip advisor and decided to give it a try. Glad we did. The food was excellent. A family owned restutanta, Leon's been in business for 27 years. Came around and spoke to all of us. Huge portion sizes and price was great. We all (party of 7) all left very full and not a scrap left. A must eat at place in Galveston!

Vancouver, Canada
“Wow, a hidden gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Wanted a true BBQ experience (don't have it where we live). The place didn't look like much from outside but we were welcomed inside and the food exceeded expectation. Low on the ambience but high on the quality.

Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great meat!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

Read about Leon's on tripadvisor and had to visit.
As folks have said before, the restaurant is very basic but the food isn't!

A very friendly waitress help us order as I was with my wife and 2 kids so wasn't sure how much to order.

We ordered 3 meats (which I can't believe can be for one person!) and 1 meat.
Therefore we had brisket, ribs, chicken and sausage. Sides of coleslaw, spicy rice, potato salad (my favourite).

The meats were stunning, full of flavour.

All was eaten!

Total bill inc tip $35....great value.

Loads of people were in for takeouts.

As everyone has said,if you eat in, don't expect The Ritz and you'll love the food.

Ridgway, Colorado
“Great find!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We stopped in here for some dinner, only to find them closed. Leon saw us outside, reopened the restaurant and served my family of five a delicious dinner. The staff was very friendly, even though we were keeping them from home. We will try this place again.