“Really good TexMex.”

Original Mexican Cafe
Ranked #40 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children
Houston, TX
“Really good TexMex.”
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Down by Medical Center. Pretty good TexMex. Salsa is cold (which I prefer to warm) and pretty spicy. Taco's were excellent. For enchiladas, save some lettuce from under your taco and cover it with the cool salsa, and it is very good. Our waiter was attentive. Overall I really enjoyed it, and I am a TexMex affectionado.

Wylie, Texas
“Really good...”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We got a recommendation from a client of mine to try this out before our cruise. So glad we did! Food was great and prices were reasonable. I got beef fajitas and we shared some queso. We had 4 in our group and everybody was as happy as I was. Definitely a stop from here on out anytime we're heading out of Galveston!

• Visited January 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Local Fav”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

One of my friends here told us to try it. I can not even describe how good this Mexican food is! My husband and I split a combo dish, and still had some left over. I loved all of it. Our waiter was really nice and helped us decide what to eat. Great experience!

Visited December 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Great portion size”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Food was Okay! Food was bland with little flavor. Chips and salsa were great. It was very loud in there. The table behind us was so loud we could not have a conversation at our table.

• Visited January 2013
Alpine, California
“Chips and Salsa - Great!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our hotel recommended this Family owned restaurant. Great choice, very mixed ages of people. Menu was very extensive. Portions were large and prices were very reasonable. Service was great..... Beer was ice cold!

• Visited December 2012