“Great portion size”

Original Mexican Cafe
Ranked #42 of 311 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Chicago, Illinois
“Great portion size”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Food was Okay! Food was bland with little flavor. Chips and salsa were great. It was very loud in there. The table behind us was so loud we could not have a conversation at our table.

• Visited January 2013

Alpine, California
“Chips and Salsa - Great!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Our hotel recommended this Family owned restaurant. Great choice, very mixed ages of people. Menu was very extensive. Portions were large and prices were very reasonable. Service was great..... Beer was ice cold!

• Visited December 2012
Powderly, TX
“I have found the best Mexican Restaurant in Texas!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

I would give this restaurant ten stars if possible. There was absolutely nothing that I would change. We arrived on a busy Friday night and were seated immediately. We were brought chips and salsa right away. There was a minimal wait after our server took our drink orders. (Get there before 7 pm for $2.50 margaritas.) There were four of us and each ordered a different entree. We all thought it was the best we had ever eaten. I had enchiladas verde and they were excellent. Chips and salsa were replenished regularly and we never had to flag a server. I will eat here every time I am in Galveston.

• Visited January 2013
“Not my favorite”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The food was average. Nothing made me excited and I won't be going back. The place is old and didn't seem very clean. This Mexican restaurant did not stand out and I wouldn't recommend it.

Houston, Texas
“Only Mexican Rest with a vegan menu”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

You can get the usual and authentic beef, chicken and cheese dishes here but what really impressed me was the vegetarian variation of the menu. I had the vegetarian (spinach) enchiladas. They were so delicious. I didn't regret one bit not having beef or chicken.
And to celebrate, I had sopapillas...yum.
Hubby had the fish tacos which he enjoyed. And they even had chicken tenders for kids like mine who have a very limited pallet.
I would very much recommend this restaurant. I see they serve breakfast from 8a-1pm so I would not mine going back one day for something from the breakfast menu.

• Visited December 2012