“Seriously good gumbo!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar

Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar
Ranked #15 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Cajun & Creole
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Seriously good gumbo!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

Yum! I can't pretend to be a gumbo connoisseur by any means but I had a hard time putting my spoon down! The portions are generous. I was not able to finish my large portion with rice. So if you don't have a large appetite opt for the smaller bowl. We had some BBQ oysters and Okra as an appetizer, both were delicious.

We were there on a Saturday night so the place was really busy. While we waited for our table we enjoyed beers on the sidewalk that they were selling outside for 3$. Pretty sweet!

Lastly, our server was pleasant and attentive and answered honestly when we asked her if the desserts were made in house (she answered no.) We are a bit a particular about our desserts so we typically only order desserts that are made in house so we appreciated that she was honest with us.

Can't wait to go back!

• 3 of 5 bubbles

Houston, Texas
“Mixed Marriage”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

Good thing my spouse and I have a mixed marriage -- of tastes. He likes gumbo thick and I'm okay with it on the thin side. If you are fine with a dark roux that's a little on the thin side, and has great flavor, you will enjoy Little Daddy's. Fortunately, they will let you put almost anything in the gumbo you want -- sausage, chicken, prime rib, crab, shrimp, crab, oyster. Their po' boys are also good and available with almost anything in there. Very popular place and it was fun to eat at the counter. I loved it, but hubby thought it was only so-so.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DilleauxL
“Loved this place...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

... Despite the noise! Interesting place and an awesome concept! Had fried shrimp which were fabulous! Lots of people having gumbo and heard no complaints!

Visited June 2014
Orange, California
“Fun authentic and hip spot for Gumbo”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Had an excellent seafood gumbo, the plates are so big my husband and I shared a small and had some kind of crab bowls that were amazing. Service was good and I enjoyed the hip, yet authentic design of the place. We sat at the bar in front of this cool looking pots.
Would definitely go back.

Elgin, Illinois
“Best Gumbo Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We are from Chicago and were in town over the weekend looking for some fresh seafood. Found the Gumbo Bar and had a awesome meal. My husband had a Shrimp Po'Boy which he said was outstanding and every bit as good as New Orleans. We both had Gumbo, he had the seafood I had the Chicken Sausage. I am a gumbo freak always looking for the best and this was certainly some of that. I might have moaned a few times while eating. But be warned the Big Daddy size is huge. Also had the garlic bread which was delicious. Beer selection was very good. Staff was attentive and prompt. Wish we had one of these places in Chicago I would be there all the time.