“Best place in Galveston”

Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar
Ranked #17 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Fort Davis, Texas
“Best place in Galveston”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place. From the staff to the food everything was wonderful. Char-Grilled Oysters, Barbecued Shrimp, Gumbo all awesome. We liked it so much at noon we are taking friends back tonight.

Visited July 2013

Texas, the Lone Star State
“Go Go Gumbo”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Gumbo Bar is a special place for lunch or dinner. I can't believe that, in all my trips to Galveston, I never found it before. But I will certainly be back.

My husband ordered the gumbo and loved it, but since I make my own gumbo and am very picky about the recipe, I just got a hamburger and sweet potato fries. I must say, that was a perfect hamburger, very fresh and juicy. My husband's only regret was that he ordered the large size gumbo, and it was way too much for one person to eat. He'll go with the small size next time.

The atmosphere and "vibe" of this place are very nice. And the service was nothing short of amazing. Our waitress, Britney (I apologize if I'm misspelling her name), was the nicest young lady in the world. She treated us as if we were old family friends, kept our soft drinks constantly refilled, and seemed genuinely determined to give us a wonderful dinner experience. The manager also stopped by our table to make sure everything was fine. Just a first-class meal with VIP treatment.

And the prices are attractively low. We'll be back!

Beaumont, Texas
“Upscale Food in a Shotgun and Blue Jeans Place”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I happened upon this restaurant this weekend while we we were shopping in the Galveston Strand District. We walked in and immediately knew this was gonna be a great place. The restaurant is in a shotgun style building long and narrow with exposed brick walls, comfortable booths on the left and a great bar all the way down the right. They serve several specialty beers, as well as a great selection of wines. The Cajun smells will snatch right off the street. We sat at the bar and had an amazing and very personable waitress/bartender named Lacey. She helped us navigate and narrow down the menu selections. (It can be difficult because everything sounds fabulous and your nose will be vibrating with excitement from all of the amazing smells in this place. We both had a micro draft beer (ice cold), and then we split a Greek salad and a bowl of chicken and sausage gumbo. We also had a bowl of cheese bread which was made from their Po-boy bread, garlic butter and melted cheese. I swear I could have eaten my weight in the bread alone. Even though we split everything it was still more food than we could eat. We walked out for about $35. WOW! We can't wait to go back again.

• Visited July 2013
“Everything I dreamed it would be !”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My Mother and Father just moved to town we used trip adviser to find a place for a family dinner - The place looks very nice without being a place you feel you need to dress up for. We had our three teenage girls they gave us a large booth my Dad sat at the end in a chair. Our server was Porshe she was very bubbly and friendly and made us feel at home. We were a lage party and not her only table we never needed for anything. We had 3 seafood gumbo's and 2 chicken gumbo's. My mother got the feta salad and the clams and the calamari so we could share. Everything was so fresh and tasted like they put a lot of thought into buying only the best! We all got the Small Daddy size and were stuffed, it was full of crab and shrimp I did only get a few oysters in mine but it was so rich and good it did not mater. The lemon and wine sauce on the clams was to die for , going to have to try and make this dish at home . The only thing wrong with this place is that it's not in my town ! We will be back ...

1 Thank Genevieve E
Hitchcock, Texas
“Great Gumbo”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The name of this restaurant implies what it is known for and that is awesome GUMBO. The other dishes are okay, but not the best. Stick with the gumbo and you will enjoy a great meal.