“Great Fresh Seafood”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had a lovely lunch on the "patio". My husband loved his steamed shrimp. I thought that my Char-Grilled Oysters and BBQ Oysters were better.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We go here all the time. It is packed on weekends so be prepared to wait. They just opened another spot on the seawall so we will check it out. Made fresh to order gumbo. Get the Big Daddy and take some home. Best sweet potato fries too. Everything is great. Just a long wait.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

While I still maintain, I've never experienced better gumbo anywhere in Texas...what I realllly enjoy is the ciapino....just some fine mussels, clams, fish, and gulf shrimp in a tomato based broth...occasionally dipping the most delicious garlic/parmesan breads into the broth which was enhanced slightly with one of the pepper sauces offered at the bar. We always enjoy sitting at the bar, with large LCD viewing screens above, observing the steam kettles of the various gumbos being finished for bowl presentations, and chasing the fantastic fare with a pinot noir or a craft beer. Very friendly and attentive service from behind the bar or behind the stool, engaging in friendly conversation. The wedge salad with an abundant adornment of crushed bacon bits, generous blue cheese crumbles, diced red peppers, chopped tomatoes and crushed black pepper is always a favorite of mine. At another visit I sated by childhood passion for fried okra and was amazed at the presentation and taste. You can't go wrong here...casual but sensational. Don't miss it.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

My sister and I visited on a slow Wednesday night. We were seated immediately. Our order of broiled oysters were cold unfortunately, but I could tell they were fresh. The manager did not offer to remove the charge from our bill and we did not ask because we ate them anyway. Both of us got a wedge salad, mine with fried shrimp and hers with grilled shrimp. The shrimp was hot and delicious. The salad was was good, too. We had wine with our dinner which was pricier than expected. The food prices seemed reasonably though. The salad was $6.50 plus aprox. $4 for the additional shrimp. I enjoyed my visit and will return.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I love the cioppino, my husband loves the gumbo...it's perfect. I think the individual steamer bowls are so cool, and it allows the seafood not to be overcooked as the soups are put together when they are ordered. This is definitely worth a trip.