“Great Mussels and Po' Boys”

Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar
Ranked #21 of 315 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2013

After reading some of the reviews, and being from Louisiana, we were a little skeptical about eating here. We thought about it and and then said "why not?" We started with an order of spicy mussels. The only problem is there wasn't enough bread to sop up the fantastic sauce. The mussels were perfect. We had read about their unconventional po' boys, made with cabbage and pickles, and decided to try those as well. My wife had crawfish and I had oyster/shrimp. Both were delicious. We were saving gumbo for last but were too full after the mussels and po' boys. The people at the next table were eating gumbo and it looked and smelled very good. The bowls are huge. We definitely recommend Gumbo Bar and look forward to having their gumbo next time.

1  Thank AuditMan001
There are newer reviews for Little Daddy's Gumbo Bar

Reviewed January 16, 2013

This is a small, yet quaint, hole in the wall restaurant! It has a vast selection of foreign and US beers; If I remember right it was over a hundred. They have various versions of gumbo and I had the one with steak in it. Wow, glad I got the small one because it was more than enough! Both my wife and I tried a couple of Mexicano beers we hadn't ever had and we were well pleased. The waiter was great with a great laugh and smile. Definitely seek this one out!

Reviewed January 12, 2013

A friend recommended this place, I was a bit skeptical but we gave it a shot. A bit out of the way but worth it, it is in a revitalized area of downtown, so the area might discourage you to stop there, but trust me it is great food, great atmosphere and worth it. The gumbo was amazing (get the large bowl and share it), the sandwiches were great too. Highly recommended.

Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Spent the night in Galveston before our cruise. Read the reviews about this place and was not disappointed. I had the shorty half and half po-boy (shrimp and crawfish tails) with sweet potato fries. Wife had the mumbo gumbo. We thoroughly enjoyed both dishes. I ordered the shorty to leave room for the red velvet cake. Wow was it good! Ashley our waitress was very attentive and was right there whenever we needed anything. Will definitely come back!

1  Thank GUMO1
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Gumbo bar is a cute little energetic place downtown. The waitstaff is friendly and the food is great.

1  Thank SAtravelerSanAntonio