“Great food, entertainment, atmosphere. ”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #27 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

You really can not go wrong with this restaurant. It is expensive but you get a lot for the money including nightly outdoor entertainment for free. The ride at the restaurant is cool and kids just love it. It was a bit busy this time and our waiter seemed a little stressed but that was the only time we have ever had that issue. Love this place.

1  Thank Griswalds101
Write a ReviewReviews (1,138)

Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

This was my first time here pretty nice a lot of kids ! The entertainment was nice for the kids the foods was good ! A bit crowd but was able to sit outside without waiting! Overall it's good just would go back !

1  Thank sweet_tee28
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Lots of noise and lots to see: from moving, vocalizing elephants and gorillas to sudden thunder and lightening storms: a real adventure! Food was very good too! Great place to take the kids for exciting dining experience! After the meal take a ride on the water ride through the deep jungle with all the jungle sights and sounds! Fun! Fun,

1  Thank WAndrus
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Went two times. Once for dinner, once for lunch. Place was very busy both times, but staff was very friendly and helpful. Didn't have to wait very long. We went to alot of restaurants on the island, and the food at rainforest was by far the best. It was fresh, and served at the appropriate temperature. Servers were friendly. Whole place was extremely clean. When people were finished, tables were quickly and thouroughly cleaned. Obviously great management. Worth every penny.

1  Thank 760reneed
Reviewed July 9, 2014

If it weren't for a promise I made to my Grandson, I would never have darkened their doorway. I had a good idea what we were getting ourselves into, but my God. This was horrible. If you are the least bit claustraphobic, stay away! Everything (decor, sounds, people, souvenirs) closes in around you. The river ride was the best part because it was cool, and you could actually breathe without something assaulting you. We had to wait an hour and a half for a table, I think they do this on purpose. On the way to the restroom, my daughter and I spotted many empty tables. However, if you are seated quickly, the children in your party do not have time to touch, and beg for every high priced item piled, stacked, and dangled in front of them. The artificial "foilage" hangs down just above your head, jungle sounds are so loud you can barely carry on a conversation. It gets much worse in the cafe. The beautiful aquarium was the only thing that kept me sane. The music and jungle noises were so loud, we could not hear the server, and obviously she could not hear us either. One person in my party ordered fajitas and got an Amazon Feast instead. Over priced food I expected. The whistle squealing straws that they give each child was not. It was unbearable. Imagine trying to enjoy a meal with a dozen kids blowing ear shattering whistles around you. I could feel my blood pressure rise. I understand it is supposed to be a jungle ambiance, but the noise level was unbearable. The only people who could possibly enjoy this place are little children. The animatronics were meh...okay. It seems as if the only reason they are there is to sell overpriced junk. Some of the stuff was cute, but no way am I going to pay $25 for a tee shirt. Oh well, my grandson enjoyed it. That was the only reason I even considered it. If you want a lovely meal, find someplace else. The island is wall to wall with fine dining establishments. I could not wait to get out of there. Oh, plan to spend at least $20 for a decent entree and $10 for a "you get to keep the glass" cocktail.

1  Thank Deena S