“Nice atmosphere but Over priced”
Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #51 of 320 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view
Reviewed September 3, 2013

While the kids love it...the prices are a bit ridiculous. The food isn´t anything to write home about and the service isn´t either. IF you like over priced, sub-par food & customer service then this is your type of place.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place is great if you have never been there. Mainly geared for kids but we tend to go back with them about once a year. We have visited other locations but this Galveston location is by far the favorite you can ride this river boat ride for about 5 bucks. It is set in the rainforest with fire, waterfalls, animated animals. Very Disney like. Now the food at this location is good. but overpriced you are paying for the atmosphere. can't put a price on smiling kids faces... Well its best to park in the back but very good photo ops on the front side of the restaurant. My favorite items to eat is fish tacos, black beans, the articoke dip and coconut shrimp. you should call for reservations. I have had to wait for a while but this last time on 9-2-13 we called ahead and NO wait!

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Service was great, the kids loved the ride. The food was good! Parking wasn't bad, we parked in the back parking lot.Overall good experience!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We have been to other Rainforest cafes and have really enjoyed them. But the night we went to this one (before our cruise) it was terrible. It was way too loud and seemed more pricey than other ones. The service was not very good and the food was cold. also the tables were so close that i couldn't scoot my chair out all the way. Needless to say we will never visit this one again.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Dream come true! For the type of places I like, I couldn't ask for more. This place has made me feel very comfortable every time I go. The staff is very nice and they make you feel comfortable. I make sure i go at least twice a day. Even though it is more family oriented, I love the time I spend there. Will be there on Wednesday night