“Excellent ambience, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Rainforest Cafe

Rainforest Cafe
Ranked #24 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Austin, Texas
“Excellent ambience, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

We loved the atmosphere.
Loved the Tomato Basil Soup.
But, the Veggie burgers were terrible.
Service was very indifferent.

• Visited October 2011

DeRidder, Louisiana
“It is a fun place to visit and eat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

Kids will love this restaurant. it is kindof pricey though. About $17 bucks a plate for adult. I got the tuscan chicken it was pretty good. We got a free appetizer with our meal from a flyer we got at our hotel. Always check the hotel lobby for coupons on their flyers. The river ride at the restaurant is really cute. My son had a blast. Inside the restaurant it thunders and the robot animals all swing around and make noises. Really cool place.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank JandCsMomma
Cleburne, TX
“Fun place - not so great food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

I took my boys (3 and 10) August of 2011 and last year at the same time. They absolutely love this place and there is SO much to see. My youngest was a bit scared when the "thunderstorm" started and the animals started moving and making noises but by the time we left he was loving it. There is a big aquarium arch you walk through at the entrance and that kept them both entertained while we waited for a table.
The good isnt so great and expensive for what it is. I definately wouldnt go there just for the food!

Katy, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A bit pricey, but I loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2011

I was staying at the Hilton next door and I got a free apetizer! :)
I loved this Rainforest! The water fall, crocodile, and volcano with real fire comming out of it, were awesome!!! The "Forest Tour" You go through a river and you see animals like the ones inside the restaurant and stuff. Its nice but it in my opinion it should be $3 instead of $6! Lol!
The waitress was also very nice and gave us a good service, but like i said, it was kinda pricey, but i did enjoyed it.

Houston, Texas
“Just for the kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2011

Children will enjoy the Rainforest. You must walk through a gift shop before entering the restaurant where there is music and movement among the animal displays. Kids will have fun especially the boat ride. Don't go just to eat. You will get much better food at a fast food restaurant.