“AVOID.”

Ranked #144 of 316 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Description: The Strand's Original Marketplace. Since 1974.Store features local Texas Foods and Gifts, Over 120 beers by the bottle, a wide range of popular Texas Wines and a casual sandwich shop featuring Boars Head, Blue Bell Ice Cream, floats and smoothies.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We went in, bought three drinks and sat down to cool off before shopping in their specialty foods section. The restroom was locked. I asked them to unlock it and was told... NO!

We were informed that only "deli customers" could use the restroom. Sodas, we were educated, did not count. In order to use the restroom, I would also have to purchase a sandwich, smoothie, or ice cream.

I asked another employee, since I could not believe anyone who actually wanted paying customers would open their mouth and say something so stupid and arrogant. Oh yes indeed, that is their secret policy, that you only find out after they have your money, I was assured. I was directed to a portapotty out on the street several blocks away.

Ohhh, so that's why we were the only customers in The Emporium when the other places were full. Now I see.

They don't like customers, so stay away. That way they can go out of business and focus on their toilet harrassment interests all day long instead.

What a bunch of morons.

3  Thank Polly J

Reviewed June 27, 2012

The candy is awesome!!! Taffy and fudge are local and amazing!

1  Thank travelintexas79