“Beautiful Sunset”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Fisherman's Wharf

Fisherman's Wharf
Ranked #14 of 308 Restaurants in Galveston
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Humble
“Beautiful Sunset”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We had not been to eat at the Fisherman's Wharf since it was destroyed and rebuilt after Hurricane Ike. I think the food is even better than before. We were seated in the back room close to the windows (behind the Elyssa). We saw the most beautitul sunset. It went great with our food.

• Visited January 2014

• Polish first
Houston, Texas
“Superb shrimp...”
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I am going out of my way to write a review, my the first time, because the food here was so wonderful. Our group was here on a Saturday afternoon, and it was rather busy, but we were seated quickly and got a table at a window with a gorgeous view of the water & fishing boat. We all ordered shrimp- 4 of us got the scampi (2 blackened, 2 regular),1 got the char-grilled, and 1 got the fried. All were superb. The blackening seasoning on the shrimp was perfect and seeped through the dish to flavor the pastas & rice perfectly. the vegetable side was perfectly done, crisp-tender vegetables. We travel often in south Florida and these dishes rivaled some that we have had there. We saw glimpses of other patron's fish dishes and they looked amazing, and I will try the fresh fish next time. The portions were larger than typical, and no-one who ordered the scampi could even finish the pasta. The restaurant and bathrooms appeared very clean. most of the staff went out of our way to make us feel very welcome and attended to. The ambiance and decor looked very authentic and fir the location perfectly.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Lora J
Oklahoma
“Dungeness Crab Legs to die for!”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

Inviting entrance and fantastic views of the harbor activity. Relaxing dining experience. I had the Dungeness crab legs & shrimp appetizer and it was hands down my favorite meal of the 4 day trip! I'll come back to Galveston just to eat here again!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank TinyTuff
Victoria Harbour, Canada
“Overpriced for what you get.”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I wish I had known this was part of the Landry chain before I paid for my parking or I would have gone elsewhere.
It was what I expected for an upscale frozen fast food restaurant...overpriced. Nothing is fresh, you could tell by the length of time it took to bring my food to the table. Although I had the seafood platter everything tasted the same which was bland and fried. For the amount this platter cost I expected to be stuffed, but I wasn't. Of course it didn't eat the frozen tasteless French fries, of which there were far to many. I guess this was to make up for the lack of seafood on the dish. I had desert, the chocolate brownie, but found any chocolate taste missing. That brown coloured syrup they put on things is not a substitute for real chocolate syrup. The brownie was dry even with the tasteless ice cream.
The bill, with two beers and tip came to over $50.00. Way to much for chain restaurant food.

• Visited December 2013
Houston
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Our family went here for lunch over the Christmas holiday. I don't eat seafood so ordered the chicken dish. It was good but not excellent. Everyone else had shrimp. They all said it was quite good. I was a bit disappointed that the food wasn't better.

• Visited December 2013