“A relaxing lunch”
Review of Fisherman's Wharf

Fisherman's Wharf
Ranked #25 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Never been to Galveston before but found this very nice restaurant for lunch. Fried Crawfish Tails followed by Fish & Chips, nothing adventurous here for us but if this was dinner oh boy could we go to town. Plenty of local fish, shrimp & seafood here to satisfy all tastes. Nice outdoor dining & vibrant atmosphere. Staff were attentive but not overly friendly. We enjoyed our lunch & will try dinner there in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,487)

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

And so went our tale of fresh fish at Fisherman's Wharf at Pier 21. . . When we arrived at 6:30 on Saturday night, our wait was quoted at 45 minutes for our party of five. Off we ran to the Strand, to squeeze in a little shopping, but in just 30 minutes we were seated, indoors with a fabulous view of the tall ship, Elyssa. The lobster bisque was just as delicious as it we remembered from our pre-Hurricane Ike visits, red snapper was grilled perfectly, fresh shrimp though slightly small, were delicious chilled and accompanied by a wedge salad. Our teenage son devoured his seafood pasta, which he said was "so good.," but if they used as much cream in the alfredo sauce as they used in the bisque, an old tire pulled from the gulf coast would taste good. Wine selection was okay, and if our server had recommendations, I couldn't tell you because it was so loud we couldn't carry on a conversation with our party of five - my only complaint about our dinner. There are too many hard surfaces in the restaurant and nothing to deaden the sound. We finally gave up talking and ate our delicious meal, but left before lingering over dessert and another glass of wine, because the traffic on Seawall during Spring Break was a welcome respite from the din of Fisherman's Wharf that evening. Great food, but next time, we'll go back when we can sit outside where the noise has a place to go.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

The waitress we had was very polite and attentive. My wife had a raspberry tea that was in bottle and awesome. We ate a crap queso that was pretty good. I had a sampler platter that I inhaled in about 1 min flat. My wife had shrimp scampi that was awesome. Out on the deck was really cool the smell of the water was what I wanted to experience since we were at the beach.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We took friends to this restaurant as it has had stellar food and service in the past. We ordered shrimp kisses, flounder (shared my my husband and me), snapper, and red fish. I have dietary restrictions which I explained to our server, and he took copious notes and sent the floor manager over to make sure my needs would be accommodated. All seemed to go well, and the others said the shrimp kisses were delightful. Then the flounder arrived and was served to the wrong person. That was corrected, but we had ordered a potato to replace the rice pilaf which I could not eat, and an extra order of vegetables. The potato was not dry, but loaded with items I could not eat so was sent back for a replacement. The second was loaded with butter, for which I had specifically stated no dairy. The second order of vegetables had to be requested twice more. The kitchen staff apparently did not read the notes so carefully taken by the waiter, nor did they pay attention to the floor manager's instruction, if she gave them any. Our waiter was attentive but not hovering. This was extremely disappointing as we have eaten at Fisherman's Wharf many times and had delightful meals. It was a very poor showing for our Ohio friends.

1  Thank wanderingscot98
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Fisherman’s Wharf, Galveston, Texas, is always a good dining experience. We’ve eaten there several times, but it has been two years since our last visit. The Elissa Room (1877 sailing vessel) is always our choice. They offer a great menu and it all looks good, with several expensive dishes. We ordered our favorites and mine had been enhanced with lobster meat. Service is good; the maître d’ is very friendly, usually meeting you at the door, then later checks with each customer as to their meal. Parking is free with your validated ticket.