“Try the blackened oysters”

Benno's on the Beach
Ranked #33 of 319 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Looking for fresh local seafood and a casual beachfront atmosphere? Benno's on the Beach has both! Our menu offers a variety of Cajun grilled, golden fried, and hot boiled entrees. Dine in or take out today.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I went with some folks when on the Island for work and thought it was good. They both had shrimp and I had blackened oysters with boiled potatoes. I thought the service was good and the staff was friendly and helpful.

It's not fancy...you order at a counter and sit down to wait for your food. It is on the beach and has a good view of the water. Typical beach restaurant.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

For me, Benno's is the Galveston experience. I like the place. I like the tacky seaside picnic ambiance and the very minimal design. I really like the seafood, but I wish they had sweet tea. I have been going to Galveston for about 13 years, and for me it is not a visit to the place without a stop at Benno's to satisfy the deep-fried seafood craving. They also have grilled fish. Staff are polite and helpful and provide quick drink refills. They do seasonal seafood as well as fixed menu items. I really like the crawfish season platters piled high with little red crawdads. I usually have the seafood platter. They now take credit cards.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Food was only okay. Horrible red wine served in a chilled beer mug was atrocious but the worst was the service. The counter lady was by far the RUDEST person I have ever had the misfortune of being "served" by. I've had better food and far better service at MacDonalds! Don't waste your time or money on this filthy dump! FYI It's pretty gross having pigeons poop on the table beside you while eating and that's the outdoor dining experience at Bennos!

2  Thank Prairiegirl68
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Bennos was okay at best. We would, more than likely, not return. It was within walking distance from our hotel so we decided to give it a try for dinner. We ordered the boiled shrimp dinner along with the 10 ball dinner. The shrimp was great but the coleslaw and corn sides were only adequate. The coleslaw was room temperature so neither wanted to brave the possibilities of eating it. Very limited selection of beers. Just an average place that was a little too pricey for quality.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Got the Canjun grilled soft shelled crab, cajun grilled shrimp and fried shrimp platters and the stuffed whole flounder special. Everything was great as usual. Great cole slaw, hush puppies, and garlic bread. Key lime pie was fresh made, but too sweet. We don't go there for ambiance, but to get our grub on. The kitchen was faster than usual; we went on a Thursday. It was less busy than normal. Beach view and breeze were spectacular. New staff was also far more friendly and attentive than in the past.