“Fresh. Good. Go.”

Ranked #36 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Description: Shrimp 'N Stuff Restaurant opened in 1976 and quickly became known as "the place where the locals love to eat." In these past 38 years we have had many guests visiting our fine city from across the U.S. who tell us they wished they had found Shrimp 'N Stuff the first day they arrived and assured us they will be back several times before they leave Galveston.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am a local and Shrimp N Stuff advertises that it is "where the locals eat". However: I avoid the place because it it usually full of tourists! Today, the tourists were gone and I took a family member from Austin for lunch. Wow! I have been punishing myself for all the wrong reasons. The fried shrimp platter is to die for. Cole slaw, while a small serving, is spot on, fries hand cut and shrimp dusted with panko was soooo good. The shrimp poor boy didn't disappoint either. As an added bonus - a mural was being painted on the side of the building facing 39th St. and we got to watch for a while.

1  Thank Sunny B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,505)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Sometimes it’s nice just to have casual walk-up counter service. Had a dozen fried shrimp, hush puppies, two sides, and a beer for about $21. Would go back again soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Looked at the reviews and decided to go to this place over Gaido's. A big mistake!

Pretty crowded and eclectic atmosphere. We decided on the seafood platter and a bowl of gumbo. Got our food, a bit crowded, but everything went off well. Tried the shrimp and they were like something bought from the grocery store. I was not impressed. The gumbo was fair, the fried oysters, while very small, were excellent. Great flavor and moist. A friend had tilapia on his seafood platter and he never finished it.

A couple of guys next to us had a catfish platter and the fillets were huge. Also noticed someone order a shrimp sub that looked great and different shrimp than what I had.

Kind of sad, the place is not bad, and has a following, and some of the food coming out of the kitchen looked great! Maybe we just chose wrong!

I know I went to Gaido's the next day and they were excellent!!!

Would I write this place off, no, I'd give it another chance, but I'd order something else!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It is pricey for fried fish you can find anywhere else, like the Golden Corral and it’s cheaper there.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

First, there are 2 of these but they are very different. You want the one downtown. Wonderful fresh seafood and salads. Bloody Mary was great too. If you don’t like them salty say so ahead of time. We had the same great waitress, Katie Jo, both days. Ask for her, she’s great.