“Family favorite in Galveston”

Shrimp & Stuff Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: Shrimp 'N Stuff Restaurant opened in 1976 and quickly became known as "the place where the locals love to eat." In these past 38 years we have had many guests visiting our fine city from across the U.S. who tell us they wished they had found Shrimp 'N Stuff the first day they arrived and assured us they will be back several times before they leave Galveston.
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

This is our favorite fish restaurant in Galveston. They serve simple fried fish, shrimp fries and huspuppies. The gumbo is good too. The only drawback is that your options are limited to boiled shrimp if you don't like fried food.

2  Thank Stevestravels101
Write a ReviewReviews (1,505)

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

The hubs and the 3 kids all loved their food. We ordered a shrimp kids meal, shrimp meal, sampler platter (that hubs and one teen shared) and I got the kids catfish meal. We 5 ate for $45.00
All the food was yummy but I would have liked a grilled tilapia option because I’m just tired all all the fried foods. But, all tasted good and boy was it packed! We had to bus our own table to find a place to sit and the line to order was very long. The staff was friendly and the family would all go again!

2  Thank Brenda E
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

Visited Shrimp & Stuff with a family group today. Delicious food. I had the fried shrimp lunch special. Others had gumbo and chicken free steak. All were pleased with their food. Not fancy. Old school. Lots of locals. Recommended!

1  Thank miller227
Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

We ate here on Christmas Eve and the service and food were wonderful. I had the fried shrimp platter that had a large number of shrimp along with fries, coleslaw and incredible hush puppies. I could not finish my food. My husband had the combo which had catfish; oysters, shrimp and crab. A lot of food. Definitely a worthwhile restaurant.

1  Thank abbygail1041
Reviewed December 20, 2017

I haven't said much about Galveston even though I live here. There are a lot of restaurants in this town. Many are part of the Landry's chain and with a "price tag". I would rather get good seafood and not break the bank. Shrimp & Stuff has good fried shrimp, gumbo, and a great shrimp salad I love. There 2 locations. One on 39th Street and the other downtown. It's not fancy but who cares when you can enjoy the food.

1  Thank warrenroyer